suga free "cool"

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
was this song just released as a single?is "cool" the real name of the song?i don't remember where i got. but like it. and i want to know more.http://www.zshare.net/audio/730076444d62a6/thanks strut fam

Comments

• was this song just released as a single?
    is "cool" the real name of the song?
    i don't remember where i got. but like it. and i want to know more.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/730076444d62a6/

thanks strut fam

Daze can answer this question for you.

This 12" stays on rotation on my tables.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    yeah just as a Single. it was a promo only 12" that never made it onto The New Testament even though the album was listed at the top of the 12".

That was the record that had Quik listed as a producer but he had nothing to do with and ended up causing Quik to stop working with Suga Free.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yeah just as a Single. it was a promo only 12" that never made it onto The New Testament even though the album was listed at the top of the 12".

That was the record that had Quik listed as a producer but he had nothing to do with and ended up causing Quik to stop working with Suga Free.
    i thought quik stopped working w/ him because he stole a beat and claimed it was his own, then sold it?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Suga Free is a spitter...really old school West Coast style. WE LOVE IT!

i thought quik stopped working w/ him because he stole a beat and claimed it was his own, then sold it?

it was a few reasons from what I hear but that Cool 12" was the big thing that got it going I think. He has DJ Quik listed as "Produced and Mixed by" right on the label but it was one of the Guys from The Time that did it.

• Many thanks to edpowers, who sent me this record on the strength/out of the blue...I still play it out often. I was lucky enough to meet S.F. at Moses Music when he was pushing The New Testament album, dude was rocking the baby blue velour like it was nothing.

btw, does anyone have a decent copy (mp3 even) of "don't fight the pimpin"?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Many thanks to edpowers, who sent me this record on the strength/out of the blue...

I received that same package!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I have it herr.

oh yeah that's right, I have that cd too. Forgot it was on there.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    word up!

• is this the one with the japanese dude on it?

is this the one with the japanese dude on it?

yep, Big Z

• Many thanks to edpowers, who sent me this record on the strength/out of the blue...I still play it out often. I was lucky enough to meet S.F. at Moses Music when he was pushing The New Testament album, dude was rocking the baby blue velour like it was nothing.

btw, does anyone have a decent copy (mp3 even) of "don't fight the pimpin"?

ILL TRENDZ MARKETING DAYZ. I'm remember that dude S**n set up some mesh tent for dude as his V.I.P. area.