What to do when...

DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
A fight breaks out in the clurb whilst you are playing? Do you kill the music and let the bouncers handle their biz, or do you just keep on playing like nothing is happening? I was playing at a bar last night (mainly BeckyJamz???), and a couple of dumbasses came from another bar nearby and started scrapping... I just kept on playing. Eventually the cops got involved and old boy tried to run out the back and got tackled right in front of me... The 5-0 dragged him out... I really wish I had "Hit the Road Jack" or Steam "Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goobye" in Microwave when he got dragged out... Stutter DJ thoughts?

Comments

• This used to happen at every house party I would DJ. Usually some lame MC dudes would get their panties twisted about 'spittin written' or whatever the fuck those dudes get pissed about, and since they couldn't actually rap they would end up fighting. In truth the slap fighting was usually so fun to watch that I would play some MOP or WU Tang just to keep them heated.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    With me it depends. If the fight doesn't look that major I usually let the bouncers handle it but I do throw on a slow cut immediately to try to difuse it in a way. I mean who really fights to guy let's chill? This happened a month ago where i was playing. A few weeks back there was a pretty big mess with some gunfire involved. The crowd was running and duking and all that so at that point I stopped the music and the lights went on. Safe to say the night was over.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I used to get on the mic and clown em...

but to each their own.

• Whoa gunfire total
    I am lucky I didn't have to deal with that... They did shut down early, but fuck it I still get paid