european icons

2»

Comments

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Damn, only three people seems to know what they're talking about in this thread...I won't try to fight the idea of Europe, i already said it was an economic concept but some don't get it. Too bad. But for the last time, Europe is a virtual concept. None feels "european" as you can feel "american". Each country got his own specialties, food habits and such. The thread is bizarre indeed. But let's try it anyway...
    The best thing around here is probably the welfare system (when available, because in Portugal, you may die before you get a check from the gvt). The health care system is also very good, despite the fact that too many people are taking advantage of it instead of securing it for the next decades. I dont like football, so it's possibble to be from the Euro zone and dislike football. Croissants, cheese and wine, i can live without it. Actually, Cali got some pretty good wines too, nothing to be ashamed of. Candies will fuck up your teeth in a minute. Music, we sucks big time. I mean urban music. In the classical field, even in the jazz field, you can find some icons for sure. Food, hmm, we are racist about food from other countries. We act like we like it, but we don't really. And so far, we often like the meals, but not the cooker (meditate on that). We always complain instead of appreciating what we have. The youth over here are pretty much stuck on the american way of life. Mc Donald, Rap, Baggy jeans everywhere (tight jeans are off since a decade now, even tho the new trend is putting back the tight shirts and jeans on the map, thanks ghey people...). People often dont admit it, but they prefer US blockbusters and US actors. Even reality shows, but instead, we shoot our own version to feel better about biting the concept. Ah yes, public transportation and freight trains are better than US. But it's a small satisfaction compared to what we don't have. I could go on for days...lol.

PS : about the colonialism, yes we did create the concept. But who bought the slaves massively?? You guessed it. Who did eradicate a whole race and even still called them Indians when they are not from India??? I guess the part where colombus tought he was in India is being skipped at school so people feel better about the genocide. We all got a burden to carry on, thanks to our forefathers. It's not really "fair" to consider USA a better place and a better culture because they didn't colonize any country (which is still arguable). Genocide, slave trade, etc...We are all equal. Now musically speaking, we are not equal at all...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• that is so fresh.

so are you referring to Escher (Dutch) or Legos (Danish)?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Damn, only three people seems to know what they're talking about in this thread...I won't try to fight the idea of Europe, i already said it was an economic concept but some don't get it. Too bad. But for the last time, Europe is a virtual concept. None feels "european" as you can feel "american". Each country got his own specialties, food habits and such. The thread is bizarre indeed. But let's try it anyway...
    The best thing around here is probably the welfare system (when available, because in Portugal, you may die before you get a check from the gvt). The health care system is also very good, despite the fact that too many people are taking advantage of it instead of securing it for the next decades. I dont like football, so it's possibble to be from the Euro zone and dislike football. Croissants, cheese and wine, i can live without it. Actually, Cali got some pretty good wines too, nothing to be ashamed of. Candies will fuck up your teeth in a minute. Music, we sucks big time. I mean urban music. In the classical field, even in the jazz field, you can find some icons for sure. Food, hmm, we are racist about food from other countries. We act like we like it, but we don't really. And so far, we often like the meals, but not the cooker (meditate on that). We always complain instead of appreciating what we have. The youth over here are pretty much stuck on the american way of life. Mc Donald, Rap, Baggy jeans everywhere (tight jeans are off since a decade now, even tho the new trend is putting back the tight shirts and jeans on the map, thanks ghey people...). People often dont admit it, but they prefer US blockbusters and US actors. Even reality shows, but instead, we shoot our own version to feel better about biting the concept. Ah yes, public transportation and freight trains are better than US. But it's a small satisfaction compared to what we don't have. I could go on for days...lol.

PS : about the colonialism, yes we did create the concept. But who bought the slaves massively?? You guessed it. Who did eradicate a whole race and even still called them Indians when they are not from India??? I guess the part where colombus tought he was in India is being skipped at school so people feel better about the genocide. We all got a burden to carry on, thanks to our forefathers. It's not really "fair" to consider USA a better place and a better culture because they didn't colonize any country (which is still arguable). Genocide, slave trade, etc...We are all equal. Now musically speaking, we are not equal at all...

Angst.

Lotta angst in Europe as well.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

that is so fresh.

so are you referring to Escher (Dutch) or Legos (Danish)?

why not both? then you have my two childhood obsessions at once.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I like Lego better than Escher.

• I like Lego better than Escher.

I can get with that.