Limewire sucks ass!

iron_monkeyiron_monkey 985 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Just tried to install an update and the shit damn near crashed my computer. It also detected some mailcious software, so I am definitely steering clear. Problem is, that was the program I used for downloading torrents. What applications other than limewire do you recommend for downloading torrents? Thanks folls...

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    You can't go wrong with http://www.utorrent.com/

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Limewire still exists? If this is true, then yes, stay far far away. It'll wreck your stuff real good. I also endorse utorrent.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Stay far away from limewire. It installs all kinds of adware on your computer and can really fuck things up.

• Yes! Uninstalled limewire and currently running utorrent. So far so good. Thanks!!!

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    That program is the worst I've ever had to deal with. Extremely buggy and the selection suckkkkssssss!
    Unfortunately ,the best ones in my opinion,are not compatible with Mac. Luckily I also have a PC at home so I use that for the downloading and I use Emule. It takes time but I usually find 80% of stuff I'm looking for. Soulseek has great selection but it's even buggier than Limewire and will seriously fuck up your computer.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Soulseek has great selection but it's even buggier than Limewire and will seriously fuck up your computer.

Seriously, slsk and Azureus for torrents have been working fine since the dawn of time. There is an issue with Windows slsk clients browsing Mac slsk clients (it's hit and miss) but if you must download pr0n.exe files, then expect more trojans than a Helenic condom-vendor fair.

• oh yeah?