Waiting on the HURRICANE!

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Wish me luck,i'm hoping that it doesn't hit directly,or at all.I know the Miami people know the deal when it comes to hurricanes, it's the season for it again.

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Good luck, Maggy!

Call me crazy, but I always loved the weather right BEFORE the hurricane hit. The temperature drops, the winds pick up, and the huge raindrops start to fall. Time to stock up on batteries and kerosene for the hurricane lamps....

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Having grown up in Puerto Rico I've been through a few hurricanes. Seeing as your in Jamaica you've already probably been through some too, and you've taken all necessary precautions. Good luck to the island and I hope the destruction is minimal!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Yes the necessary preparations have been made thanks for the concern guys.I'm really not looking forward to this.And to top it off the toilet is blocked problems on top of more problems.

I'm happy to inform you dudes that Jamaica didn't get a direct hit from hurricane Dennis,it passed by offshore on the northern end of the island.We are experiencing heavy rainfall,and some parts of the island will be affected by flooding and landslides,but nothing major in regards to damage that would've been caused by the strong hurricane winds.I got two leaking spots in my roof but nothing other than that.Now i realize the significance with putting the plastic covers over the records. i'm lucky the leaks weren't over part of the room i keep my records.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    now new orleans sits patiently and waits.

if we get a direct hit, there may not be a new orleans for some time.

I hope the hurricane dies out before it reaches you.And just to imagine,that this is the start of the hurricane season,and i already cant deal with this.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i hope it dies too. but a front blowing from east to west is keeping things moving and winds increasing. 115MPH.

this has been a record already.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Stand by... for the arrival of Dennis.