Digable Planets tour

fhillysubtle1fhillysubtle1 355 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone seen them since they reunited, or plan to? I'm gonna check em out on Saturday.

Comments

• kemskems 120 Posts
    I was spinning outside while they were playing down in Miami, but I heard that show was amazing.

• My car fucked up so I missed them in DC last night.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    anyone have future dates for this tour?

• Anyone seen them since they reunited, or plan to? I'm gonna check em out on Saturday.

i saw them in LA and they were pretty dope. people were into it. worth checking out imho.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Saw the show at Berbati's in Portland, OR. Definitely worth checking out. Ladybug was killin' it for me.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Someone tell these guys to come to Australia!

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    Was dead broke when they came through Tempe. Then come to find out the next day I had free tickets waiting for me. Pissed off no doubt. From what I heard it was a good show, but lacke AZ fans....

• Saw em play last night here in DC. It was pretty good. I was suprised how crazy the crowd was- they went nuts.

For some reason this god awful keyboard player came out for the last couple of songs. He was painfully bad.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yo, just try and defend this sh!t, you little dudes:

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yeah, you really can't.

OK, '05 cover battle:

IMG SRC=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009IRKZG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg>
    FONT SIZE=10>VS.
    IMG SRC=http://www.90bpm.sk/picture/perex/guru-70-album-cover.jpg>

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Here are links to some recent Digable shows:

9th April 2005 - The El Rey, Los Angeles, CA (FLAC)

Source: DSM-6S/L > PA-6LC2 Low Pass Filter > Sony PCM-M1 DAT >

Tascam US-428 > Cubase VST 5.0 (EQ, Normalize) >

Sonic Foundry Sound Forge 8.0 (Split) >

LAME 3.96 (MP3) or FLAC 1.1.2 --add-replay-gain

Recorded by: screen

Type: Digital Audience Recording

Length: 1:16:32

Quality: A

Tracklist:

01. Intro - The May 4th Movement 03:16

02. It's Good To Be Here 02:56

03. Nickel Bags 03:11

04. What Cool Breezes Do 03:35

05. Ladybug Mecca - Unknown 03:00

06. 9th Wonder 03:36

07. Graffiti 03:54

08. Where I'm From (Aural G Ride Mix) 04:41

09. Butterfly - Swing 01:26

10. Doodlebug - Freestyle - Jazz Is 03:31

11. DJ Jedi - Run DMC - Peter Piper 02:46

12. Jettin' 05:07

13. Dog It 05:51

14. Freestyle - Paper Thin 02:14

15. Rebirth of Slick 08:34

16. Butterfly - Freestyle 04:51

17. Dial 7 05:22

18. Ladybug Mecca - Unknown 03:44

19. Pacifics 04:57

=========

Live At DNA Lounge (June 19, 2005) (MP3)

=========

Jannus Landing, St.Petersburg, FL (July 1, 2005) (FLAC)

07-01-05

Jannus Landing

St.Petersburg, FL

taped and transfered by jeromejello

Source: AT853a(c) > spsb-7 (Roll @ 107Hz) > jb3

transfer: jb3 > firewire > SF 7.0* > cdwav > flac

One Set only.

Disc 1:

1. intros > 01:15.15

2. The May 4th Movement staring Doodlebug 04:33.53

3. it's good to be here > 02:58.43

4. nickel bags 03:33.41

5. what cool breezes do 04:01.43

6. dogg starr 02:43.35

7. 9th Wonder > 03:39.63

8. Graffiti 04:15.14

9. Sometimes 03:24.51

10.Where i'm from > 04:05.14

11.Can't Blow [?] 02:24.03

12.Life Rhythm [?] 04:34.05

13.Jettin' + 09:54.51

Total Disc 1: 51:23.56

Disc 2:

1. Dog it + 10:52.37

2. DJ Jedi {interlude} 03:37.65

3. Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat) 06:49.52

4. Encore: {callout} 02:20.09

5. [?] > 02:23.51

6. Appointment at the fat clinic 03:00.44

7. pacifics 05:02.16

Total Disc 2: 34:06.49

Notes:

showed moved from Tamiami bar to the courtyard due to ticket demand :-)

whole show with DJ Jedi spinning

+ = w/ Filthy Rich - Drums, Bug - Bass, Brian Jackson - Keyboards.

mics mounted on glasses for stealth set up.

since this was a stealth pull there are a couple instances of

the usual, unavoidable, talking 'artifacts' on here.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I saw the show too. HYPE!!!

I was surprised at how many people were there: a rap group that ain't released anything in YEARS? Might've been around 2000 people at the show I saw. I guess a lot of doods still got Blowout Comb CDs in their 1991 Red Dodge Shadows. Cool like Dat was good, but Blackitolism was the shit for me!!!

• baggiobaggio 62 Posts
    Coolio,
    Anybody know how to download these?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Download and install a Bit Torrent client such as http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ and open the .torrent file in it.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Saw the first show of the tour, it was awesome. They did a set with a dj, a set with a three piece band, an encore with both. Wasn't feelin lady bugs new shit though, but she did have a moose knuckle goin' on soooo.........

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

SAYIN'!

I forward it to my homegirl (who's quite the "nag champion"/Lady Bug Sycophant) and she was like "what the fuck is up with that retarded-ass cover".

• That cover is wrong in so many ways. It doesn't even look like the kids are looking in her direction!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

SAYIN'!

I forward it to my homegirl (who's quite the "nag champion"/Lady Bug Sycophant) and she was like "what the fuck is up with that retarded-ass cover".

This album is SO GODDAMN FRESH, though!!! I am dead serious right now. Dead fucking serious. (Moist, you didn't get my PM? I suggested it to you last week sometime. It's got Sa-Ra beats, hoLmes!) I bought it 'cause...well, 'cause BITD, Digable's music was fresh to me. Being that I'm a loyal dude, I figured I'd do my part to support them for still doing their thing. At first listen, I was on some ol' "WTF?! Ladybug's on some Stefani shit?" After a full rotation, I played it again. And again. And again. Shit blew my mind. It damn sure isn't on some ol' "bang bang shoot 'em up slang slang shoot it up" shit (watch Cam bite my genius) so I wouldn't expect Faux_Rillz to like it, but it's definitely on some "gracefully aging in Hip Hop" type shit. (Okay, I'll admit, that sounds kinda ghey, but hey, at least give it a chance.)

Plus girl is cool as fuck! Shook my hand, looked me in the eyes and thanked me for buying it. Sincere and respectful. I'll take that over some fool and his entourage telling me that after the show, they gonna take my girl. THAT'S why motherfuckers get they shit downloaded.

Herm

P.S. That cover is quite retarded.

• She must of lost a bet, no other possible explanation

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

SAYIN'!

This album is SO GODDAMN FRESH, though!!! I am dead serious right now. Dead fucking serious. (Moist, you didn't get my PM? I suggested it to you last week sometime. It's got Sa-Ra beats, hoLmes!) I bought it 'cause...well, 'cause BITD, Digable's music was fresh to me. Being that I'm a loyal dude, I figured I'd do my part to support them for still doing their thing. At first listen, I was on some ol' "WTF?! Ladybug's on some Stefani shit?" After a full rotation, I played it again. And again. And again. Shit blew my mind. It damn sure isn't on some ol' "bang bang shoot 'em up slang slang shoot it up" shit (watch Cam bite my genius) so I wouldn't expect Faux_Rillz to like it, but it's definitely on some "gracefully aging in Hip Hop" type shit. (Okay, I'll admit, that sounds kinda ghey, but hey, at least give it a chance.)

Plus girl is cool as fuck! Shook my hand, looked me in the eyes and thanked me for buying it. Sincere and respectful. I'll take that over some fool and his entourage telling me that after the show, they gonna take my girl. THAT'S why motherfuckers get they shit downloaded.

Herm

P.S. That cover is quite retarded.

I'm still not sold on SA-RA. Yeah it's interesting, but so is quantumn physics.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Yeah it's interesting, but so is quantumn physics.

Young Phonics = Faux_Rillz?!?!