killing mic feedback [sound engineering related]

dmacdmac 472 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Running a pair of (non-moving) mics thru two channels of a Behringer Xenyx 1202FX mixer into a Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro and directly into a pair of JBL Eon G2s. This set-up is for live interviews in front of an audience.The big recurring problem that keeps recurring is top-end feedback. It is keeping me from getting a reasonable audible volume in a crowded room.Anyone use the Feedback Destroyer Pro for such an application and has some ideal settings they can clue me in on?I used to think I knew something about audio, but the digital EQs on the Feedback Destroyer Pro are a complete mystery to me.I know the thing works a charm, but I can't figure it out. I've spent hours trying to tweak it and I keep coming into the same problem.

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    try going through the eqs as it is feeding & cutting certain high frequencies until you find the culprit. Trial & error.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    try going through the eqs as it is feeding & cutting certain high frequencies until you find the culprit. Trial & error.

Yeah, I was going to say that. Ringing it out old-school style and notching the bad one out. Make sure no one's in the room though

I'm not sure how the digital eq's work nowadays. Do they still have faders? The good thing is probably that when you've notched out the baddies, you can save that particular setting and call it up later, no?