coffee afficianadoes

1235»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The spot I'm at (Funnel Mill in Santa Monica) has the rat shit coffee. $65 for a single syphon pot.

Should I bite?

Where is that?

I decided to join SMC's graphic design program that started this week. Ironically, I decided not to drink any coffee for school. I did good but this morning I made a cup and I feel horrible. (physically)

I love coffee so much but I have to cut myself off. I'm an addict. I can't have just one cup.

I'm also looking for healthy lunch spots. I'm not accustomed to this Santa Monica place. Not enough helicopters.

Funnel Mill is at B'way and 9th.

It's got this zen interior but actually feels more like a Chinese herb store. I can't say I feel their design steez even though they're very nice here and serve their tea and coffee like you're ordering from a restaurant. (For what they charge, I can undestand!)

I got a Tanzania Peaberry (I wanted to try a light roast for a change) and it's about $3 for a mug's worth. My wife got white tea ($6 for a pot). At least the wifi is free!

I'm also looking for healthy lunch spots.

Wish I could help you but most of what I mess with around here is pretty UNhealthy.

• I'm also looking for healthy lunch spots.

Wish I could help you but most of what I mess with around here is pretty UNhealthy.

I'm taking a nutrition class so I guess I better hurry and eat unhealthy till I learn better.

Did anybody mention Jamaican Blue Mountain? It's my favorite. I usually destroy my joe with cram and sugar (I like my coffee golden), but I prefer JBM black.

I'm also looking for healthy lunch spots.

I'm taking a nutrition class so I guess I better hurry and eat unhealthy till I learn better.

Did anybody mention Jamaican Blue Mountain? It's my favorite. I usually destroy my joe with cram and sugar (I like my coffee golden), but I prefer JBM black.

They got that here too - didn't catch the price on it...think it was $10 or so?

• The spot I'm at (Funnel Mill in Santa Monica) has the rat shit coffee. $65 for a single syphon pot.

Should I bite?

don't do it. did you do it?

The spot I'm at (Funnel Mill in Santa Monica) has the rat shit coffee. $65 for a single syphon pot.

Should I bite?

don't do it. did you do it? [/quote

Dude, $65 for a serving of coffee? FOOH! No way, mang.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I think I need an espresso maker in my life. Outside of the $10,000 espresso maker I saw the Breville and the Gaggia machines in this thread. Are there any others that you can recommend? I had a cheaper one from FourBucks many years ago but it didn't have enough pressure to make a proper shot. I need some black motor oil espresso instead of a glorified cup of coffee that FourBucks piece of shit produced.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    The grinder is as important as the machine for good espresso. I've been told its pretty hard to get a decent grinder for less than a bill. Gotta be burr grinder, but there are cheap one's that play off that word and still suck. I'm happy with my Gaggia and grinder , but kinda wish I'd gotten this one...

I'm sure you can get a decent cup for less, but this set up kicks some real nice shots for about 4 bills.