Kottonmouth Kingz - Yay or Nay???

LazerLazer 796 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I have a co-worker who LOVES this shit. even has tattoos of their logo and shit. damn, i find their music TERRIBLE. no rediming qualities at all. awful beats, awful lyrics, awful, awful, awfulwhat do you think??????

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    who

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I have a co-worker who LOVES this shit. even has tattoos of their logo and shit. damn, i find their music TERRIBLE. no rediming qualities at all. awful beats, awful lyrics, awful, awful, awful

what do you think??????

I've only seen and not heard them, so I'm gonna hafta pull a Faux Rillz and say they suck f*ckin' donkey balls from the back with a crazy straw. Hackneyed suburban metal-rap of the worst kind.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I have a co-worker who LOVES this shit. even has tattoos of their logo and shit. damn, i find their music TERRIBLE. no rediming qualities at all. awful beats, awful lyrics, awful, awful, awful

what do you think??????

omg, he has a kottonmouth kingz logo tatoo? fire!

When I was working at Gramaphone I did the buying for all the scratch (skratch?) and battle records and shit. One day this scrawny, acne-scarred kid came in with his pants hanging off his ass and asks about good records to scratch with. In an effort to gauge what kind of scratching he might be doing and/or his existing skill level, I ask what kind of stuff he's into and he leads off with the Kottonmouth Kings and some other trash like that. Like Twizted or some other shit. It took all I had not to throw up in my mouth a little bit and roll my eyes up in my head. I wanted to drag his ass to a listening station, throw him a stack of "real schitt" and tell to school himself.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    c'mon folks! i want some serious clownage goings-on up in here!!!! complete with .jpgs, etc. (i'll try to sneek a pic of the co-workers leg).

twizted
    kottonmouth kingz
    insane clown posse
    etc.

omg, i't worse than you think

all i gots is NAY!NAY!NAY!NAY!

c'mon folks! i want some serious clownage goings-on up in here!!!! complete with .jpgs, etc. (i'll try to sneek a pic of the co-workers leg).

twizted
    kottonmouth kingz
    insane clown posse
    etc.

omg, i't worse than you think

all i gots is NAY!NAY!NAY!NAY!

A picture of the tattoo is

One thing I learned from the Harvey/Anticon thread is not to let my hate turn to anger. I run the risk of doing that here. I don't know why, but fake-ass shopping mall joke metal rap is so fuckin offensive to me. I think it's because I really like hip-hop, and I really like metal, so I get heated when I hear an ultra-lame amalgam of the two that's supposed to be super bad-ass but is actually the weakest of weak sauces.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I bet Soulstrut rides for Dog Eat Dog.
    randomrzaproductionrelated

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

what do you think??????

I saw these guys in Santa Cruz about 10 years ago while working for EMI and was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining they were. A white pimpbot on stage makes it a bit easier to swallow...

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    a bunch of guys were sitting around smoking and one of them said "dude, lets be like ICP, but instead of clowns, lets be about weed. Lets be the ICP of weed"