What is your opinion on this one?

I maintain a file copy

• The file-expedit? Really? Sad.

• please don't make this a real thread.

Oh let's. Are you overly entertained?

just exhausted. I'd feel compelled to have to defend the several "CLASSICS" contained within the Hiero catalogue, and I'm just not sure I have the energy.

just exhausted. I'd feel compelled to have to defend the several "CLASSICS" contained within the Hiero catalogue, and I'm just not sure I have the energy.

Keep on spinning. We all know you're fearful of the revelations to come concerning you and Hiero.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

What is your opinion on this one?

Overrated. Has Hiero made a good record since 1993/94? The Souls 2nd album was ehh, Casual has been terrible since Fear Itself, & Del has been so-so since No Need.

• del has made a lot of crap, but the rhymes he wrote for his cousin Ice Cube (and by extension all the members of NWA) alone are enough to secure his legacy. I mean "Straight Outta Compton"? How do you front on that; please tell me. PS I hear it's the anniversay of that album or something.

my fav del joint:

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    del has made a lot of crap, but the rhymes he wrote for his cousin Ice Cube (and by extension all the members of NWA) alone are enough to secure his legacy. I mean "Straight Outta Compton"? How do you front on that; please tell me. PS I hear it's the anniversay of that album or something.

not sure if your kidding here, but is there a definitive yay or nay answer with this common rap fairy tale?

depending on how heavy your backpack (gun for the goodlife shows or chemistry book for class), i've heard that cube wrote all del's rhymes or that del wrote cube's rhymes.

there is no way i will be able to sleep tonight unless i get an answer to this...

• del has made a lot of crap, but the rhymes he wrote for his cousin Ice Cube (and by extension all the members of NWA) alone are enough to secure his legacy. I mean "Straight Outta Compton"? How do you front on that; please tell me. PS I hear it's the anniversay of that album or something.

not sure if your kidding here, but is there a definitive yay or nay answer with this common rap fairy tale?

depending on how heavy your backpack (gun for the goodlife shows or chemistry book for class), i've heard that cube wrote all del's rhymes or that del wrote cube's rhymes.

there is no way i will be able to sleep tonight unless i get an answer to this...

I was kidding.

or was I?

seriously I think we need to bring the survey buttons back and settle this.

• lol. Del did not write "Straight Out Of Compton"

• PS I heard Del co-wrote the script for "Are We There Yet" and never got a writing credit. can anyone confirm this?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    del has made a lot of crap, but the rhymes he wrote for his cousin Ice Cube (and by extension all the members of NWA) alone are enough to secure his legacy. I mean "Straight Outta Compton"? How do you front on that; please tell me. PS I hear it's the anniversay of that album or something.

Del definitely ghosted for Yo-Yo, and it's been widely suggested that he wrote some stuff for Cube c. AMW/Kill At Will as well, but how much I've no idea. I think I once heard that "Jackin' For Beats" was one of Del's.

• I was (mostly) joking about Straight Outta Compton, but I have always believed the Yo-Yo material to be his.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Definitely LIKE Hiero. They used to come out to Phoenix a lot. It was like every 3 months someone from the camp would be out here doing a show.

• I hate that Pep Love hasnt come out with a new album since Ascension.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    those "heiro oldies" are the shizznit

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Del's - Eye Examination

Is one of my favorite rap songs of all time.

- spidey

• i mean, theres about 7 or 8 realllllly good hiero songs.
    so overall, they are batting about .063

i hattte

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Those cassettes were amazing.

• those "heiro oldies" are the shizznit

Those cassettes were amazing.

the B-Sides one also. Domino was the man for digging all that schitt up.

• "good feelin" was the best bside i ever heard out of them

• IMO they delivered some of the best moments ever released in the Hip Hop music scene, and are composed by some of the most creative and talented artists of the genre... So many classics in their productions, the Hip Hop i like !!!

• "good feelin" was the best bside i ever heard out of them

Man, that 12" was flame. Had the Seville remix of "Never No More" IIRC.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    i mean, theres about 7 or 8 realllllly good hiero songs.
    they got more than that. i dont know bout REALLY good but they got a buncha good songs.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    IMO they delivered some of the best moments ever released in the Hip Hop music scene, and are composed by some of the most creative and talented artists of the genre... So many classics in their productions, the Hip Hop i like !!!

Please poast more about the Hip Hop music scene!

• autoauto 198 Posts
    that pep love and jaybiz "reckless/hush" is the jam