Austin Record Convention Goes Annual... Boo!!!

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.austinrecords.com/
After a very successful Fall 2007 show with the most overseas buyers we have ever had, we have decided on a new annual Austin Record Convention schedule.After 30 years of two shows per year we have decided to limit the show to one event each year. There are several reasons for this, the largest one is the business issue. One show a year gives buyers and sellers more time to gather worthwhile merchandise and plan ahead. As we saw with our solo event in 2007, one show brings many more dealers and buyers to the event, making a much more profitable show for all concerned.Another smaller reason is that we would like to do other things at this time in our lives and planning, booking two shows a year makes those plans very difficult. So??????NO SPRING 2008 AUSTIN SHOW BUT...The Fall 2008 show dates are October 3rd (early shopping*), 4th and 5th.

Comments

• Yeah, sucks..Rock lamented about this a month or two ago...lousy, as I was planning on attending the one this spring, but I suppose I will have more time to save some scratch for the fall one at least

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Allentown here I come.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I guess the good news is that it's 3 weeks before the WFMU Show so I will be attending both.....I think if Doug was smart he would make his annual show in the Spring, not the Fall.

Those of you who have threatened to come down in the past, do it this October, who knows how many more there will be?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i'll be at both!

although the question remains what to do in the spring???
    perhaps this year it is Utrecht...
    although buying in Euros doesn't seem too like much of an option at the moment.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.austinrecords.com/
    After a very successful Fall 2007 show with the most overseas buyers we have ever had, we have decided on a new annual Austin Record Convention schedule.

After 30 years of two shows per year we have decided to limit the show to one event each year. There are several reasons for this, the largest one is the business issue. One show a year gives buyers and sellers more time to gather worthwhile merchandise and plan ahead. As we saw with our solo event in 2007, one show brings many more dealers and buyers to the event, making a much more profitable show for all concerned.

Another smaller reason is that we would like to do other things at this time in our lives and planning, booking two shows a year makes those plans very difficult. So??????

NO SPRING 2008 AUSTIN SHOW BUT...
    The Fall 2008 show dates are October 3rd (early shopping*), 4th and 5th.

Is this "news" 2 years old or what?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I guess the good news is that it's 3 weeks before the WFMU Show so I will be attending both.....I think if Doug was smart he would make his annual show in the Spring, not the Fall.

Those of you who have threatened to come down in the past, do it this October, who knows how many more there will be?

I think doug is going for the fall because many dealers come back from Summer buying trips. I'd prefer it in the Fall that way I could hit WFMU and ARC but this year I might do both anyways.