EACH ONE, TEACH ONE...

DocDaDollaBinDocDaDollaBin 51 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
AIGHT, HERE'S A TOPIC FOR YALL...WHAT RECORD DO YOU KNOW OR FEEL THAT HAS BEEN SLEPT ON? WHETHER IT BE BECAUSE OF AN UNKNOWN BREAK, SAMPLE, OR JUST BECAUSE OF IT BEING DOPE. I'LL START BY PUTTING HEADZ ON FILIPINO JOINTS. THERE'S A FILIPINO RECORD BY A LADY NAMED DIDITH ON POP RECORDS 1970 SUMTHIN. I BELIEVE IT'S A SLEPT ON RECORD BECAUSE OF THE ILL SAMPLES ON IT. SORTA REMINDS ME OF LYN CHRISTOPHER, BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPION. YALL MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL SHE'S SAYIN BUT THE INSTRUMENTAL AND SOULFUL OPEN HORNS AND WHAT NOT WILL DEFINATELY GETCHA! I KNOW IF PRIMO GOT HIS HANDS ON IT, HE'LL DEFINATELY WANNA GET BUSY CHOPPIN THAT SHIT. ACTUALLY, I CHANGE MY MIND, IT SOUNDS MORE LIKE THAT LATIMORE JOINT. AIGHT, FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW...NOW YALL KNOW. "EACH ONE, TEACH ONE" PEACE!!! DOCDADOLLABIN YALL, ONE

Comments

• mallardmallard 452 Posts

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Whatsup Docdolla.

I'm liking the bugged out wierdness on Skip Juried's coming of the dancer[/b] lp, and also the break and earth rot style vocals of george russel's listen to the silence[/b] lp, on soul note. the former was released in 83, but the original recording took place 10 years prior in a cathedral. SOLID.

Apart from that, Fred Payne's Bedtime Stories[/b] has a nice vibe to it, open drums, and the split second three note sax sample from blood of abraham's track about rednecks.

If you like Mutt Lange productions and really raunchy punctuated rock tracks, please check out City boy's track spring in peking off of dinner at the ritz[/b]. Horacee arnold[/b] has a nice break too.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hahaha

do I know you?

saying

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Whats the Didith LP called?

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Barry Manilow ONE LP! The cut Rain don't pay more than a buck though.... The rest is a secret... Johnny Rowles LOL & that 45 Ironfeet sent me!

• Whats the Didith LP called?

it's self titled...peace

• yall ever heard of a new note label? not blue note. new note. just wonderin, cause i've only seen one. i'm not sure if it's a private press or what...but just wanted to gain some more knowledge on it. holla

• not to raer, but not really ever discussed -

ronald snyders - quartz - flute jazz with some occassional funk, dutch. i love this kinda shit.

jimmy st. clair - satisfaction - advana (l.a. label) - too smooth disco for me for the most part, but nice loops in the first track on either side.

both are early 80s.

how about some more filipino heaters holmes?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Here are a few more Philipino cuts:
    Fever
    In The Heat
    Dock Of Bay
    Last One

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

If you like Mutt Lange productions and really raunchy punctuated rock tracks, please check out City boy's track spring in peking off of dinner at the ritz[/b]. Horacee arnold[/b] has a nice break too.

Word, i got this from my soulstrut secret santa earlier this year... dopeness....