Freddie Robinson "Off the Cuff"

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
It really pains me when I have to sell records due to financial constraints, then give it a final spin....and the shit sounds so good...."Georgia on my mind" sounding so good....gawdamn it.I need to invest in a analog-digital converter thang in a very bad way.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Why would you sell that record to get money? You're not gonna get more than 20-30 for it, and it's fantastic!

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    "I'm yo medicine maaan.....wooooohoooooooooh..."

"Everything I do.... I do it off the cuff o' your haaaa-aaaaand!"

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    damn i need this record.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Why would you sell that record to get money? You're not gonna get more than 20-30 for it, and it's fantastic!

i know! it's going right back on my list...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I hate to rub it in, but Off The Cuff is too much of a front-to-back blockbuster for me to sell. Freddy's other Enterprise album, At The Drive-In is okay (it's divided into a blues side and a jazz side, and the blues half -Side One - is better).

He'll get $20-30 for it? Shoot, I never see it on sale for more than $8.

Oh I'm no expert in price - that just seems to be what people pay for it when I am paying attention. But I do know that it's one of those records I put on just to hear one track, but end up playing all the way through every time it hits the platter.

And Robinson KILLS me with his lowkey humor. I forget the title, but I like the one where he dreams of getting a nickel bag...of Fritos.

He really came into his own on Enterprise, they were nothing like those boring, poor-man's-Wes-Montgomery albums he did for World Pacific.

Oh I'm no expert in price - that just seems to be what people pay for it when I am paying attention. But I do know that it's one of those records I put on just to hear one track, but end up playing all the way through every time it hits the platter.

"It feels so good when I've got you by my siiide!"

I wonder if the one song he got to do at Wattstax is in the vaults somewhere?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

He'll get $20-30 for it? Shoot, I never see it on sale for more than $8.

that's how much i paid. 8 dollars

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    It really pains me when I have to sell records due to financial constraints, then give it a final spin....

and the shit sounds so good...."Georgia on my mind" sounding so good....gawdamn it.

I need to invest in a analog-digital converter thang in a very bad way.

I'm sure a blog has it somewhere...download it. ease your pain until you see it again...

http://rapidshare.com/files/63545310/Freddie_Robinson-Off_the_cuff.zip

• Why would you sell that record to get money? You're not gonna get more than 20-30 for it, and it's fantastic!

i know! it's going right back on my list...

If you want an inexpensive fix of bluesy Freddie Robinson there are a couple of John Mayall albums that he plays on thay should be available for cheap. "Jazz Blues Fusion" is a good one.