I've hit a new level

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I was DJing last night. things started slowing down, so i threw on DJ Day's set from the rub, and put it on internal. sat down in the booth to relax and drink my beer. next thing i know, the bartender was yelling at me, "Tom, wake up!! the music stopped!!!" I FELL ASLEEP while djing :0 Not like i just dozed off either. I was asleep for at least 45 minutes.

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

roofie alert

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    LOL! Str8 foolionic son!!!!!!!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    that is hilarious.

• awesome.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Sleepover!!!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Sleepover!!!

I'll call Jonny, Sheep and Amir. I'll let them know you have some plans.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Did you get paid?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    that is hilarious.

i'm playing at the mall right now and i wouid love a nap! fortunetly i discovered a wi fi connection to keep me occupied for the last half hour....

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    that is hilarious.

i'm playing at the mall right now and i wouid love a nap! fortunetly i discovered a wi fi connection to keep me occupied for the last half hour....

Man, I did that before and the acoustics were HORRIBLE. I don't know how the teenage "models" could even strut on beat!

(The pay was lovely, though!)

• The sound of rhythm and the massage of bass can be real relaxing.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

whats with the can of tomatos in that dudes pocket? chaser?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    that is hilarious.

Man, I did that before and the acoustics were HORRIBLE. I don't know how the teenage "models" could even strut on beat!

i did the teenage fashion show joint here once too. that pay was lovlier than what i am getting today but still worth it. i'm playing at a store called metropark, they have djs here on the weekends. the accoustics are better than the big open mall area but still suck! on my last song for today....

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I was DJing last night. things started slowing down, so i threw on DJ Day's set from the rub, and put it on internal. sat down in the booth to relax and drink my beer. next thing i know, the bartender was yelling at me, "Tom, wake up!! the music stopped!!!" I FELL ASLEEP while djing :0 Not like i just dozed off either. I was asleep for at least 45 minutes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    that is hilarious.

i did the teenage fashion show joint here once too. that pay was lovlier than what i am getting today but still worth it. i'm playing at a store called metropark[/b], they have djs here on the weekends. the accoustics are better than the big open mall area but still suck! on my last song for today....

OH HELL NO! Otto, seriously, that store is on some major suspect shit. I think it's just mainly because I know this total douche who works there. Been in there once and was immediately creeped out by the amount of hair gel and faux street fashions.

but hey, get your money.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

whats with the can of tomatos in that dudes pocket? chaser?

Dudes a champ. Passed out, bottle upright and a morning hangover drink ready to go. Classic.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

Yeah, not to mention his steel-worker hands, and the dude in the background with two different colored chucks on. I wanna go to that party!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Sleepover!!!

I'll call Jonny, Sheep and Amir. I'll let them know you have some plans.

REM SLEEP

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    That's pretty impressive...
    I've heard of people doing all sorts of shit in the DJ booth but simply falling asleep, that's pretty damn hard ass. Truly next level.

One holy grail funk 45 DJ is rumored to go to the bathroom behind the decks using pint glasses and reportetly sometimes forgetting to re-arranging his genitals inside his pants...

I've seen people eat take out food while spinning (or better to say, while playing CDs) which kinda grossed me out.

Drug use is probably the most common non-work related activity. Or maybe it is work related?

What about getting laid behind the turntables?
    I've presonally turned down two blow job offers (many, many years ago) which in both cases proved to be very difficult because of very drunk and determined assailants. I guess having spent my entire career as a DJ while being in a steady relationship probably spared me from a lot of embarrassment plus the one or the other STD...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My new lady friend is blind. Do u have brail drink tickets for a muthafucka?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    My new lady friend is blind. Do u have brail drink tickets for a muthafucka?
    Books on tape

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

What about getting laid behind the turntables?
    I've presonally turned down two blow job offers (many, many years ago) which in both cases proved to be very difficult because of very drunk and determined assailants. I guess having spent my entire career as a DJ while being in a steady relationship probably spared me from a lot of embarrassment plus the one or the other STD...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Arthur Baker taught him that.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Arthur Baker taught him that.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

HAH!!!