TapeOp Magazine

thedailyhustlethedailyhustle 151 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone else a subscriber? Got a free subscription from a link on the MusicThing blog. Got my first issue a day or two ago. Got some nice articles and all kinds of ads for high priced gear.

Comments

• ive been a subscriber for maybe ayear or more after i heard about it on mpc-forums..its a nice mag w/o an insane of ads considering its a free subscription. the interviews and topics cover alot of area within the field of home/studio recording field. its free, whats not to like?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    One of my favorite magazines, the interviews are great and the gear reviews touch on stuff I can't afford, which is what those magazines are for anyway.

I'm thinking about going to Jackpot in Portland to finish up my album when I complete my rough mixes for them, anyone ever been there?

• It's a good read with interesting articles and it's free...

• I browse the forums there from time to time, the dudes there know their shit.

http://messageboard.tapeop.com/

• Great read, good interviews.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    whats not to like?

Even non-producer/gearheads would do well to check the great interviews just from a music history perspective.

• Been reading it for years, and I'll probably never be a recordist. I like it cos it's one of the few magazines that discusses MUSIC itself and not the culture around it.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Definitely some legendary interviews up in there.

b/w
    didn't realize they were still in publication!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Been reading it for a while now. The Bob Power interview a few issues back was fantastic.