Cleaning Vinyl???

thedailyhustlethedailyhustle 151 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
What do y'all recommend as far as house hold remedies go, for cleaning records? I have used rubbing alcohol diluted with water and an old white T for the occasional cleaning.. but today i came up on a box of a bunch of sleeveless 45s that look like they mite clean up nicely and i was wondering if maybe i can step my game up. Can anyone give me some tips on cleaning some grime off some wax?? Mucho gracias

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    for nasty stains, maybe you could try washing agent (gel for the washing machine). it contains proteases.

search for similar threads. there have been plenty of cleaning vinyl threads.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Dump the old T-Shirt and treat yourself to some micro fiber.

Lighter fuel works nicely on tougher dirt.

Rubbing alcohol with water is cool but add a dash of dishwasher. Just a dash though! Always use distilled water and no tab water.

I'm still as sucker for the good old D4 brush.

Nice idea with the washing mashine gel, Grope! I'll try this out once I the current stash I'm assembling right now back home to Guinea.

• Man, I'm saving up for the ultrasonic cleaner! Who here can vouch for this machine's efficiency and thoroughness? Do you see the grit and grime just come off that shit or is there a bunch of gunk at the bottom of the tank after a session? I have a handful of joints that even though they look shiny, have some dirt stuck in there that isn't coming out with the conventional hand-washing technique. Rep your ultrasonic experience, folls...