eBay issues - sellers cheating software???

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
i bought records from a guy before. i noticed that my winning bids were ALWAYS my highest bids. so i wanted to try something. i knew i was going to win the auction. and raised my highest bid twice in the last 30 seconds. immediately after i entered my highest bid, the current bid went precisely below my current bid. that seller must have some kind of cheating software. it even happens with odd-numbered bids. always just below your highest bid. how does he do that? it bothers me.

Comments

• I am going to start selling on ebay soon and this is the exact type of software I am looking for.

Do they make this for OSX as well?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i know it coulod be bad luck. but it happened at leat three times before with the same seller.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ^

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I am going to start selling on ebay soon and this is the exact type of software I am looking for.

Do they make this for OSX as well?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    That's dodgy as hell b/w I wish I had this shit last year!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Are you not sniping?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Are you not sniping?

Is sniping against ebay policy? I honestly don't know, and I've never used it.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Are you not sniping?

i'm not sniping. is there a sniping software for sellers though? one that can find out what the current highest bid is?

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Are you not sniping?

Is sniping against ebay policy? I honestly don't know, and I've never used it.
    Auction sniping is the process of watching a timed online auction, and placing a winning bid at the last possible moment (often literally seconds before the end of the auction), giving the other bidders no time to outbid the sniper. Some bidders do this manually, and others use online services and software designed for the purpose. While disliked by many eBay users, sniping is not against eBay rules as users are expected to put in their maximum bid from the start and the system will automatically bid up on their behalf.
    I suppose it's buyer cheating software, but I guess the intention of cheat is re-evaluated, especially if you're country is sleeping when an auction ends.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Are you not sniping?

i'm not sniping. is there a sniping software for sellers though? one that can find out what the current highest bid is?
    Even if the seller knew what your high bid was they still would have to use another account to bid against you, which of course is a violation of eBay policy. Do the under bidders look suspicious? If it's happening on auctions where you are the sole bidder then that's really strange.