Don't front on Ghost...

matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central

Ghost is the frickin man!

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    115,000 friends on myspace means more like 30,000 real fans, 70,000 people who stumble across you through someone elses page and clicked "Add", and 15,000 spambots.

I love Ghost and all, but hasn't complaining about people who download your album and don't buy it has become redundant already?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    115,000 friends on myspace means more like 30,000 real fans, 70,000 people who stumble across you through someone elses page and clicked "Add", and 15,000 spambots.

I love Ghost and all, but hasn't complaining about people who download your album and don't buy it has become redundant already?

Yeah, this comes off as a little whiny. Seems like the Wu should be industry innovators and find the fail-safe way to make money in the new download market.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Yeah, this comes off as a little whiny. Seems like the Wu should be industry innovators and find the fail-safe way to make money in the new download market.

LOL

No offense, but they're old men, most of whom are wallowing in bitterness over their decline in popularity.

They're still capable of making interesting music, as demonstrated by Eight Diagrams, but I don't know why anybody would expect them to be innovators on the business side at this point.

LOL

No offense, but they're old men, most of whom are wallowing in bitterness over their decline in popularity.

They're still capable of making interesting music, as demonstrated by Eight Diagrams, but I don't know why anybody would expect them to be innovators on the business side at this point.

I guess blaming the fans is a good sign of being past the prime of business smarts.

LOL

I guess blaming the fans is a good sign of being past the prime of business smarts.

He's also really into blaming other artists for making music that a larger number of people want to hear.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

LOL

He's also really into blaming other artists for making music that a larger number of people want to hear.

IF Y'ALL REALLY ROLLIN' WITH THE KID, SNAP OUT THAT SHIT MAN!

By the way, Cuban Linx part 2 coming soon? Really? It's been "coming soon" for a while now...

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

By the way, Cuban Linx part 2 coming soon? Really? It's been "coming soon" for a while now...

yeah, I downloaded that thing like two years ago... he's got some nerve! LOL

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    I dig ghost, but his people shouldn't have let him do something like this. It's also pretty funny that having someone click 'add' should somehow equate into people spending $ on your record.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

LOL

Yo,

I'm sure all of you cats on here work to get paid too, right? I can't blame the man for complaining as he SHOULD get paid for the quality product he puts other there. Downloading is some BULLSHIT without a commensurate CD PURCHASE. How do we expect the artists we love to remain in business to entertain us? I'd love to see your faces if your check wasn't in your mailbox at work on Friday!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    the last album of his that i felt was actually worth buying was supreme clientele

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    ghost is the best rapper alive.

LOL

Yo,

I'm sure all of you cats on here work to get paid too, right? I can't blame the man for complaining as he SHOULD get paid for the quality product he puts other there. Downloading is some BULLSHIT without a commensurate CD PURCHASE. How do we expect the artists we love to remain in business to entertain us? I'd love to see your faces if your check wasn't in your mailbox at work on Friday!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm not saying he shouldn't get paid for his work, but it's not like downloading hurting sales is a sudden market change. He should have anticipated and strategized (since the record companies aren't doing it). Radiohead pulled something off like that, why doesn't Ghost execute a plan instead of posting on youtube?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

LOL

Yo,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm not saying he shouldn't get paid for his work, but it's not like downloading hurting sales is a sudden market change. He should have anticipated and strategized (since the record companies aren't doing it). Radiohead pulled something off like that, why doesn't Ghost execute a plan instead of posting on youtube?

As well.. I'm sure without p2p, Ghost wouldn't be the name that he is now. Double-edged suh-word.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

hey i read this and it is what it is. Sorry Ghost. Time to retire.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ghost really should have gone for that koch money years ago

• ghost said if i buy his album and show it to him he'll kick it with me. so i'm thinking i might buy it because it would be pretty sweet if he came to my birthday party. heres hoping he likes twister, pizza and ice cream.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts

LOL

Yo,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm with you man, but you can't say his was a focussed attack on the amount of people downloading his record. It was a whine about having alleged fans and not doing crazy soundscan numbers. I want nothing but good things for any artist, but these are different times we're living in and anyone in the game has to figure out their ways of coping with it. The fact he's on tour says that at least he's not relying purely on cd sales, but what else was done? I'm about to release my first ep and I'll be trying EVERYTHING possible to capitalize on the changes, rather than to fight against them. I'm sure with their promo money they could've come up with something clever to actually encourage people to buy the record, but instead they've stuck with the same dated business model and suffered. It sucks, but calling out people is , especially if those same people weren't offered another way to give you some cash. I would've thought rabid Wu fans would be only too happy to spend real money on a special edition disc complete with Ghostface action figure and exlusive website code, so why didn't they do something like that?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I didnt know "G" was still filming.
    this is great news

• just saw this on one of the more "popular" download sites following a post of ghost's youtube clip...

"ya no what i mean ya no what i mean ya no what i mean ya no what i mean, Whatever whatever whatever, I THOUGHT YALL LOVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

fuck of ghostface u idiot"

damn no respect....

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    You gotta wonder what his sample clearence bills are looking like these days.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    ghost is the best rapper alive.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I love Ghost and all, but hasn't[/b] complaining about people who download your album and don't buy it has[/b] become redundant[/b] already?

Not sure if that was inentional, but I really enjoyed it. Thanks.

LOL

Yo,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Okay, but that doesn't really relate to anything that I said.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I don't know why anybody would expect them to be innovators on the business side at this point.
    where's that Microwave/RZA animation??

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

fuck of ghostface u idiot"

Wow. My morning just got awesomer.