that polish soul kid.......questlove related

subsub 311 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
came across questloves blog today and he was raving about that polish soul kid:"but im running on empty and the only thingkeeping us alive are these songs from the polisherykah badu "neosoholic"--my sister sent this to me with an "urgent!" note attached. of course i was in a coma and didn't press the link til earlier this morning. and i pretty much been listening to it since...god...SINCE."http://www.myspace.com/neosoholic i don't really get it? is this any good?

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Questlove hangs in Williamsburg so you know....

• - I listened to most of the songs, and the more I listened, the more annoying it got.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    For sure...The first song sounds aiight and then the rest drag.The main thing that disturbs me is that i have to keep reminding myself that its a guy singing. Is it just me or has Questlove got Taste.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    God, thats just horrible.

SO creepy.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Now you owe me 1 minute of my precious life time.

• He's myspace friends with Art Blakey. That's gotta mean something too.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I can't hate on the tracks themselves. Props if he created them, but the vocals are .

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    the vocals are .

Sounds like a neo-soul version of Lil' Markie.

The backing track on "Wee Small Soul World" () was kind of hot though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

"but im running on empty and the only thing
    keeping us alive are these songs from the polish
    erykah badu "neosoholic"

More like Badu doo.

This has gotta be a joke because his creepy nasal falsetto is similar to her singing voice. He sounds more like a cross between a cat being stepped on at an American Idol audition and a female impersonator.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Guess someone reads Soulstrut...

Subject:

hey dj Gay

Body:
    hahahaha.........i'll have the swan LOL..... keep it down, betta yet stop dis deep gay concentration b4 yo friendz fuck ya out on yo own shit.

???

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    i swear questlove has aspergers in some form