Kids say the darnedest things...

verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
So my wife teaches at a public Montessori school. Her class is all 3 to 6-year-olds, so she's always coming home with great quotes from these little guys. Yesterday she's reading them a book about going to the hospital by the one Mr. Rogers. She introduces it saying "This book is by someone I think you all might know. It's Mr. Rogers!" Blank stares from the kids. My wife (who is 30) is amazed. "None of you know Mr. Rogers?" More blank stares. Then she sings the "Won't you be my neighbor" song, complete with the removal of one shoe, which she tosses from one hand to the other. Finally some kids start to light up. "Ohhhh yeeeaaah." One girl pipes up real quick, "I know who that is! He's on Law and Order!"Presumably, she means Sam Waterstson, AKA attorney Jack McCoy. That's funny, but then we wondered, why is this five-year-old up after 9pm on a school night. And why is she watching Law & Order? I know some of you parents out there have some choice quotes from your young'ns. I'd like to hear 'em. I understand if you don't want to put them on blast, though.