Year check - Pudgee "Think Big"

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Hey, anyone know what year the white label promo of "Think Big" (with notorious big and lord tariq) came out? Discogs ain't got nothing except that it exists. They have a Bad Boy release in '98, that that's credited to Biggie, and I know I got it before that. Thanks!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Pretty sure it's 1996 - I know because I got the WLP from the store that I was working in at the time. It MAY be as late as 1997 but I'm pretty sure it's not. The Bad Boy release came as a double A-side promo with "Dreams" on the flip.

Funny thing, I just ripped that 12" a few weeks ago. It promptly went on one of my latest mixes (hold tight for that.)

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    you sir have a very sought after piece in your hands.. dudes pay like 300$+ for this test press..

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Shit I'm gonna sell that bitch!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Shit I'm gonna sell that bitch!

I got a dude in Japan waiting with cash in his hand...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    How much he gonna pay me for that?

How much he gonna pay me for that?

ill hit u on facebook with his details... he bought the last one off my mate for $$

peace.

• $300 is waaaaay high for that record. Try half that.

Maybe back in 03-04 you could catch 2 and change... I think the highest copy on popsike is 283 or something.

Sold my copy a while back. Killer record but not for that kind of money.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Why you salting my game, Jonny

Japan be that funny market... that's sought after out there, but the indie rap everyone sweats on eBay isn't...

• Oh trust me I got good bread for my copy, but I would be surprised if even Japanese buyers are paying that kind of money for it any more.

From what I hear, Japanese record market =

shops shuttered, prices plummeting, etc

Now Cosmo I think you should be able to get $300 for it just because yahmean, it's YOURS. Patina and all that.

• you sir have a very sought after piece in your hands.. dudes pay like 300$+ for this test press..

damn, regardless if it's not worth that much anymore, seems kinda high for a 12" that has the same tracks on both sides. And only a clean and LP version at that.

I feel like there was an official Pudgee release though, maybe on Giant?

• I wasn't aware of the Bad Boy press (the copies of "Dreams" I've gotten have a different a-side) but there is a crappy bootleg on a green label that's not worth anything.

There was never, to my knowledge, a legit 12" of this issued at the time.

It's a classic cut, and rare, hence the value.

• I wasn't aware of the Bad Boy press (the copies of "Dreams" I've gotten have a different a-side) but there is a crappy bootleg on a green label that's not worth anything.

There was never, to my knowledge, a legit 12" of this issued at the time.

It's a classic cut, and rare, hence the value.

yeah, I trust your educated opinion on this. I just had it in my mind like it was a b-side or something on a later release.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    i know a dude in germany who bought it for 300 euros lol..
    well he's a banker so it isnt a big deal for him i guess

*cough*

• damn I bought 2 of the wltp when it came out here in SD. I traded one a few years ago, but damn I should have sold it instead!

shops shuttered, prices plummeting, etc

You're right about the shops closing... here's an e-mail from one of Muro's hommies.... SPICE was my SPOT!!.. I think Einstein found a Bob Azzam cheap there... I got everything from Placebo to Demon Fuzz, etc. CHEAP...

Cisco is a big deal too, that was one of the OG stores with Manhattan.... Home Base was pfffftt... G-Unit t-shirts... and sounds of blackness was the store a level up from Muro's store... really decent stock and comprehensive stuff at good prices... damn.... it kinda sucks

Yo, Shibuya records stores are many close!!

HOME BASE (last week!!)
    SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS (last year!!)
    SPICE (this month!!)
    CISCO (last year!!)

Do you know UNIQUE?
    America's Most biggest record distribution company.
    Last week closed!!

Crazy man!!!