guy JUST got ran over by a train outside my window

autoauto 198 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
dood got dragged by the muni train for a block or two. there's mangled body parts all over the street. never seen body parts like that. crazzy.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Fuck. That's horrible.

There was a bad 3 car accident yesterday on my block. A woman was killed and they closed off my street for 5 hours.
    That's the 3rd time someone's died from a car accident on this street since I've lived here. The last one a woman flipped her car right in front of my house and her kids flew out. I heard the whole thing from my backyard. It's fucked up. People need to pay more attention.

• That's awful. I can't even imagine how bad that must have been. It says he was dragged from 31st to 28th. 3 blocks is a considerable amount of time for that to go un-noticed.

sf gate article

I used to live pretty close to there. I took the N all the time and had my fair share of dickhead/way too fast/won't stop for you drivers. I can see some of those drivers just flying, not noticing something like that, but wouldn't you notice the impact? I know there are bumps and the occasional big thumps in the tracks, but I would think that hitting a person would be noticeable.

I remember hearing about a dog being killed at Duboce park by a muni car. It ran out from the park and the muni train just dragged it all over the place. Totally devistated the owner.

• Mauled by tigers?

Dismembered and dragged for blocks by a street car??

Damn, the Bay is on and popping!

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    man, how horrible. i was actually on a train headed for florida about 15 years ago that got hit by a track... wasn't the car i was in, but the driver was killed and a lot of people on other cars were injured.

• dood got dragged by the muni train for a block or two. there's mangled body parts all over the street. never seen body parts like that. crazzy.

The N-Judah accident? Damn...that one sounded really bad. I'm sorry you saw that (and RIP to dude, obviously).

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Mauled by tigers?

seriously, i can't imagine seeing dismembered body parts all of the street. in the quiet and slow moving sunset district, of all places. i think i would probably faint or something.

a 19 year old kid was gunned down the other night around 9 just one block from where i live. i hadn't heard about gun violence in my neighborhood in a while.

• Mauled by tigers?

dude.

• Oh lord... OK RIP dismembered train dude and mauled tiger boy

• beautiful eulogy Jonny.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Mauled by tigers?

seriously, i can't imagine seeing dismembered body parts all of the street. in the quiet and slow moving sunset district, of all places. i think i would probably faint or something.

I did see a car accident in which someone got decapitated out of my window once... got light-headed hours later thinking about it, but at the time just doubled my heartrate and took my brain to a very shocked and disturbed place.

• I was just reading another sf gate article about this. It seems like the guy was trying to get on the train and tripped. He fell underneath and then was dragged.

I noticed that there were almost 300 comments on the article. I started to read some and it made me depressed. So many people saying things like "you'd have to be stupid to get killed by a train that big" and shit like that. Also saying shit like "muni drivers are either felons, ex-cons, or drug addicts." The internet has unleashed the potty mouths of everyone and it's scary how disgusting people are and the fucked up shit they think. Everyone is so angry and hateful.

You don't have to be dumb to get killed by an N Judah. If you've ever ridden it between 13th Ave (Funston) and 16th Ave you know how fast they go in that section. The doors are always closing on people. I've seen drivers take off while the doors are still open. Sometimes a door will get stuck and the driver will be like fuck it and takes off anyways and then finally it will close after driving with it open. I rode that train almost everyday for awhile and thinking about dude tripping and being dragged for 2 blocks makes me feel sick.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The internet has unleashed the potty mouths of everyone and it's scary how disgusting people are and the fucked up shit they think. Everyone is so angry and hateful.

Yeah. It's really the curse of having an open forum (that's also anonymous) that suddenly makes people feel like they can screed off on their soapbox.

All things considered, the level of discourse here at Strut is SURPRISINGLY CIVIL in comparison to most other forums I've seen. Half the shit I read on elsewhere makes me want to crowbar MFers for opening their yap.

• The internet has unleashed the potty mouths of everyone and it's scary how disgusting people are and the fucked up shit they think. Everyone is so angry and hateful.

Yeah. It's really the curse of having an open forum (that's also anonymous) that suddenly makes people feel like they can screed off on their soapbox.

All things considered, the level of discourse here at Strut is SURPRISINGLY CIVIL in comparison to most other forums I've seen. Half the shit I read on elsewhere makes me want to crowbar MFers for opening their yap.

I co-sign this. There's a good deal of questionable posts (and posters) on here, but reading the talkbacks on major new outlet sites is like wading into a cesspool of vile racism. I have learned not to bother looking at talkback threads for articles on certain subjects. shit makes me depressed.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    dood got dragged by the muni train for a block or two. there's mangled body parts all over the street. never seen body parts like that. crazzy.

NOT