When did Wachovia become the ghetto corner store?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
(do i need to show a late pass?)just tried to cash a Wachovia account holders check at Wachovia. (i don't have a Wachovia account.)two picture ids. fine. fingerprint on the check. um, ok. but a $5 fee?[/b] GTFOHWTB.actually, i could cash it at the ghetto corner store for $3.reverse

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    that's Frickin' vile.

i really really hate most banks.

all these bullshit fees.

Frickin' chistlelers..

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    chase just raised their non-chase atm fee to 3$

• (do i need to show a late pass?)

just tried to cash a Wachovia account holders check at Wachovia.
    (i don't have a Wachovia account.)

two picture ids. fine.
    fingerprint on the check. um, ok.
    but a $5 fee?[/b] GTFOHWTB.

actually, i could cash it at the ghetto corner store for $3.

reverse

bank of america is the same thing if you don't have an account with them. two id's, thumb print and a 5 dollars check cashing fee.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I Frickin' hate banks with a Frickin' passion, really, it Frickin' consumes me.

charges to open an account, charges to close an account, charges to deposit money, charges to withdraw money, check 'clearance' times, atm bullshit fees...

assholes.

fuckin assholes.

its your own fuckin money and these cunts make interest off of it, then treat you like a fuckin criminal when you want to access your own fuckin money.

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNTS.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

yup. Recession's a comin'. All the financial institutions are trying to batten down the hatches.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i love how it costs me $15 to pay my mortgage by anything but a check.... speaking of which, oh shit! i'm a day late! see ya

• chase just raised their non-chase atm fee to 3$

I just discovered that the hard way last weekend. Ugh...

it costs me $15 to pay

COSTS TO PAY!!!!

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNTS!!!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I ride with USAA. None of that bullshit.

I keep some of my DJ shit under the radar. So I cash the checks from time to time. I work in the financial district (for RVA LOL) so all the majors are within a block.

I feel sorry for people who have to go to regular banks. And it seems like the more they consolidate, the worse they get.

I also get better customer service at the DMV.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Am I the only one who sees the irony in these bank names??

Wachovia = Walk Over Ya

Hibernia = I Burn Ya

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Wachovia = Walk Over Ya

Hibernia = I Burn Ya

Bank of America = Skynet

Wachovia = Walk Over Ya

Hibernia = I Burn Ya

Then theres the Dutch Rabobank (rob a bank)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

yup. Recession's a comin'. All the financial institutions are trying to batten down the hatches.

Pretty sure that the reserve system of banking already takes care of that for them.

But you can go to CVS or the Post Office, spend $5 and get $100 cash back with no fee. That's my ATM.

But you can go to CVS or the Post Office, spend $5 and get $100 cash back with no fee. That's my ATM.

That's actually a pretty good idea that never really occurred to me. Sleep deprivation is a bitch....

• I ride with USAA. None of that bullshit.

Same w/ etrade. ATM fees on any machine are reimbursed.

Pretty sure that the reserve system of banking already takes care of that for them.

eggs acktly.

Harvey, you done did it now...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

eggs acktly.

Harvey, you done did it now...

We are apparently equally agitated with the scam known as banks.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Well, they're still trying to stack extra chips. All I read about is Citigroup and other institutions laying off hella people. That's not directly bank related, but it's the same company, right?

Regardless, a recession could be coming, so I'll stack extra chips by not paying wack bank fees.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I ride with USAA. None of that bullshit.

I ride with USAA for my credit card and my car insurance and have nothing but good things to say about both.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    (do i need to show a late pass?)

just tried to cash a Wachovia account holders check at Wachovia.
    (i don't have a Wachovia account.)

two picture ids. fine.
    fingerprint on the check. um, ok.
    but a $5 fee?[/b] GTFOHWTB.

actually, i could cash it at the ghetto corner store for $3.

reverse

bank of america is the same thing if you don't have an account with them. two id's, thumb print and a 5 dollars check cashing fee.

Bank of America sucks, they have the highest fees for everything. There service is

We are apparently equally agitated with the scam known as banks.

FUCK CHASE BANK. They really dicked me over on a mortgage loan a few months ago (by absolutely no fault of my own, I might add).

I don't mess with big banks for my monthly banking and direct deposits. I stick with local credit unions these days. No fees, I get everything I need, and they don't play with my money.

Bank of the West stole over $200 from me (not including their bullshit fees) a few years ago. Fuck banks.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I hate Wachovia. Their online services have never made any sense. Then they sold my student loan. Now they bought it back. I'm sure it will change hands two more times before I graduate.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Wells Fargo though. They have fast and helpful customer service and negated all fees charged when my paypal account was hacked, even though it was clearly not their fault at all. And their online banking system is really easy to use too.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Get familiar!

I've been with BofA and Wells Fargo. Both screwed me over. WaMu has been the only bank to treat me right. Funds available immediately when I deposit a check through a teller, refunds on overdraft fees, no account fees. The downside is everyone uses them so lines are long if you have to see a teller. I just use their drop box inside. No lines, no ATMs.

• Don't you have to save all of your ATM receipts and send them in to get reimbursed?

• Get familiar!

I've been with BofA and Wells Fargo. Both screwed me over. WaMu has been the only bank to treat me right. Funds available immediately when I deposit a check through a teller, refunds on overdraft fees, no account fees. The downside is everyone uses them so lines are long if you have to see a teller. I just use their drop box inside. No lines, no ATMs.

I have been doing this for years. At least I get a pack of gum or a soda with my money instead of just giving cash to the bank.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Expect alot more bullshit fees as the banks continue to lose their asses in the subprime mortgages. Even though they are getting bailed out by everyone in and out of the country they are no doubt using this opportunity to increase fees and other small sources of revenue.

WAMU has always done right by me.

http://faireconomy.org/files/pdf/StateOfDream_01_16_08_Web.pdf

Subprime Mortgage Crisis Causing African-Americans to Experience Greatest Loss of Wealth in Modern US History