Marvin Gaye HEAR MY DEAR released today....

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
...and i just checked it out. Not necessarily as bad as i thought, but none the less I would have to say it is fairly boring. Stripped down "Alternative" Versions of the originals, with the obvious pumped up drum lines. For me.... really took all the flavour, and beauty of all the production, right out of it. NOT a nice follow up to the stellar versions they've done with most of his other records.also, the Alternative version of "Sparrow" with the what sounds like a scratch Vocal, is just god damn awful.

Comments

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Yeah, this looks the least promising of all the expanded Gaye releases. I was hoping for another live disc, like the one included with the "What's Going On" deluxe edition.

How are the liner notes?

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Yeah, this looks the least promising of all the expanded Gaye releases. I was hoping for another live disc, like the one included with the "What's Going On" deluxe edition.

How are the liner notes?

admittedly I didn't check the notes, as I was just too disappointed with the music itself.

I also 2nd the approval of the Live show on the "What's Goin On" release. That and the unreleased Instrumentals on "I Want You". Now those were just so damn good.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm really fuck.ing angry about this whole project.

• I'm really fuck.ing angry about this whole project.

yeah its garbation. I'm still bumpin the In My Lifetime expanded though. Its pretty cool.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

yeah its garbation. I'm still bumpin the In My Lifetime expanded though. Its pretty cool.

Ill check this shit out.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Ill check this shit out.

I would like to check this out as well. I didn't even know one existed.

And I was in Virgin* a few weeks back with "HMD" in hand ready to purchase, and I lunched just to wait for this project. Bummed that it sucks.

* Speaking of Virgin Megastore, I heard Union Square is closing. That Frickin' sucks - I love that place.

* Speaking of Virgin Megastore, I heard Union Square is closing. That Frickin' sucks - I love that place.

Im leaving NYC - Fuck IT - Im done - WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I hatt shopping for CD/DVDs at Best Buys.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

No, I REFUSE to shop at Best Buys for media - unless I'm touring, and then fuck it I'll even shop at Walmart. But seriously, this sucks. I know it seems funny to be complaining about the demise of behemoth of a store like VM but fuck it that's real rap.

No, I REFUSE to shop at Best Buys for media - unless I'm touring, and then fuck it I'll even shop at Walmart. But seriously, this sucks. I know it seems funny to be complaining about the demise of behemoth of a store like VM but fuck it that's real rap.

I went to the Times square joint to cop the Teedra Moses CD the day after New Years.

Now I gotta cop a computer. I fuckin hatt Mp3's.

Im OLD. I gotta cop a damn USB Turntable now. WTF.

I smell Race.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    So has anyone bought this yet? I just checked out some clips and read that they only had the source material to work with for the remixes ( ). Maybe that's true, but some of it sounds like other people played on top of a couple of these.

You tell me...

Some of it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. "Falling in Love Again" sounds like a stripped down version with new vocals. Damn, I might have to get this on GP