MLK Happy Birthday

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
He would have been 79RIP

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Dude. Please download the Google toolbar and use the spellcheck feature.

• He would have been 79

This seems unreal.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Happy Birthday to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He was a great champion of civil rights for everyone, and he died so that we may all enjoy life more richly. I so admire a man willing to die for his principles. They don't make men like him anymore. Let's all live our lives in service to the greater good of all as Dr. King did. If we did, the world would be a much better place. Our humanity should be what separates us from animals, so let's live up to our place on the phylogenetic tree!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

• I went to MLK elementary and they used to run that "Happy Birthday" by Stevie for anybody's bday. Goin to have to pull that song out for its real purpose.

• "And let us turn our volume knobs to Best of James Taylor."

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    An amazing man from an amazing time. Came from a conservative background and really grew and expanded his campaign from when he got started from civil rights to opposing the Vietnam War to the Poor People's Campaign. Don't forget all the people at the grass roots who started the movement in each city before he came to town help out.

That last speech King gave right before he was killed has always been a riveting one.

• I avoided posting in this thread because seriously....what could I really say that can even remotely come close to expressing how important I think that man is. Not only to blacks but people thatare facing adversity eleywhere. Here and across the world. It's beyond humbling to think about what he's done and what he has stood for.

and

How can a Frickin' atmosphere thread get more views than this thread?

Oh wait. I'm on Soustrut.