Is this price right?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
FOrrrREALLL?. I mean, this that shit and all but like goddamn.

Comments

• That might be a little steep but it's a pretty rare record.

To make matters worse I'm pretty sure I've passed it up before.

That's the god Lars from Record Mania, he's for real.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word, then I guess that is that shit haha. Fuck it.

• that's a bit much for that record...especially since that copy clearly has water damage to the label!

Greg Caz got it from the academy dollar bin a few years back...while he was working there!

i may have passed on that copy back then not knowing what it was...doh!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I knew it went but damn. There's no difference from the LP versions, right?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I hate that song, you'd have to pay me $449 if you want me to bring it home.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Saying - really had no idea that record was like that. Honestly even if it's half that.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Saying - really had no idea that record was like that. Honestly even if it's half that.

There can't be any difference, I got my copy for 3 bucks with the original cover intact. No plane white promo sleeve. The record isn't all that great by the way.

• Saying - really had no idea that record was like that. Honestly even if it's half that.

There can't be any difference, I got my copy for 3 bucks with the original cover intact. No plane white promo sleeve. The record isn't all that great by the way.

lots of columbia disco 12"s do have different mixes than the lp mixes so it's very possible it's a different "disco" mix of the tune

• His other auctions are definitely showing signs of price inflation. eg:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DR-DOOM-FIRST-COME-F...oQQcmdZViewItem

$40 for the Dr. Dooom Record? I mean, it's OK but come on. Anybody who disagrees is welcome to give me $40 for my copy, and I won't even charge you the whole $27 for shipping (Khaa-rryyst)

He is in Sweden and is pricing in Euros.

Lars is for real, his site www.recordmania.net has some great records on it and the prices are pretty much what you might see elsewhere.

His other auctions are definitely showing signs of price inflation. eg:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DR-DOOM-FIRST-COME-F...oQQcmdZViewItem

$40 for the Dr. Dooom Record? I mean, it's OK but come on. Anybody who disagrees is welcome to give me $40 for my copy, and I won't even charge you the whole $27 for shipping (Khaa-rryyst)

He is in Sweden and is pricing in Euros.

Lars is for real, his site www.recordmania.net has some great records on it and the prices are pretty much what you might see elsewhere.

shit thats why I avoid buying alot of shit on line especially from foreign dudes. The shipping to the US from over there can be around 14 to 20 bucks for one record. I 'll pay it sometimes but not for any domestic joint that I can find myself.

900 sek = 141 usd for leo sunshipp.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The record is great by the way.

X infinity.

• DISCO JAZZ 12" Hubert Laws-Family WLP 2006-02-28 316 USD

hubert laws *family* 2004-05-25 300 USD

Hubert Laws - Family...ORIGINAL W.L.P 12 inch. 2006-03-16 204 USD

Hubert Laws Family 12" Columbia WLP 2007-08-16 228 USD

HUBERT LAWS Family COLUMBIA 12" WHITE LABEL RARE 2007-03-08 382 USD

HUBERT LAWS"FAMILY" 12" PROMO COPY 7:30 1980 N.MINT 2005-12-25 441 USD

HUBERT LAWS- Family- RARE Disco Funk 12" PROMO 2007-04-23 212 USD

VERY RARE!! U.S.ORIGINAL.HUBERT LAWS-FAMILY 12"! 2005-06-10 350 USD

1 to 8 of 8 items found for 'hubert laws' ???? ?? 1 ?? ????

I pay to poast popsike.

• FOrrrREALLL?. I mean, this that shit and all but like goddamn.

Wasn't this track on Classic Jazz Funk Mastercuts vol. 7?

• 900 sek = 141 usd for leo sunshipp.

Is that way out of line? I've seen people asking a lot more than that. Popsike doesn't know...

Hell yeah, I sell Leo's Sunshipp for $150 mint. Deal.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

plaese to make this a graemlin. and i don't evem like graemlins. except the ones from that movie called Gremlins.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    lots of columbia disco 12"s do have different mixes than the lp mixes so it's very possible it's a different "disco" mix of the tune

I just noticed the bottom line on the 12" label: "Special Version of the Columbia Single"

I MUST HEAR IT!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Is that way out of line? I've seen people asking a lot more than that. Popsike doesn't know...

yes, i live in the city where it was recorded and could find it sealed everywhere a longtime ago. I got my copy for 20usd's. That all it's really worth. Hate me for saying that but it's true.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

yes, i live in the city where it was recorded and could find it sealed everywhere a longtime ago. I got my copy for 20usd's. That all it's really worth. Hate me for saying that but it's true.

I'll buy 5 sealed copies @ $20.00 plaese.

GTFOOHWTBS

• where do you live...new york?

as if being in the city something was recorded in makes a difference...by that logic i should have every P&P disco 12".

where do you live...new york?

as if being in the city something was recorded in makes a difference...by that logic i should have every P&P disco 12".

ATLANTA....& P&P suxZ!!!

• it definitely makes a different on local releases but not major label promo 12"s!

it definitely makes a different on local releases but not major label promo 12"s!

Leo's Sunshipp was released on some small label really.

it definitely makes a different on local releases but not major label promo 12"s!

I think dude was talking about Leo's Sunshipp.

Finding sealed copies a long time ago[/b] and thinking it's still a common record is the epitome of

• it's similiar to going to Dayton, Ohiio and expecting to find original copies of all of Guided by Voices records.

Finding sealed copies a long time ago[/b] and thinking it's still a common record is the epitome of

I never said anything about it being common. It was common until someone put a copy on ebay and you know what happens after. The same can be said for a list of other local recordings that now are going for some crazy amount. THE rekkid game is no longer fun. I quit & popsike charges now.

I never said anything about it being common. It was common until someone put a copy on ebay and you know what happens after. The same can be said for a list of other local recordings that now are going for some crazy amount. THE rekkid game is no longer fun. I quit & popsike charges now.

You said it is a $20.00 record....you're wrong.

You said it is a $20.00 record....you're wrong.

Dude my opinion!!!! It is. theres only eight songs on it and out of those eight four are the same song but instrumental.

Too many people run to popsike to quote a price when I really don't care. I had someone ask me how much the very first SIDE EFFECT white plane cover Lp went for on popsike.I had to tell them around 153 to 300, and thats just guessing.