crank dat soulja boy

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
i did a remix... old news i guess, but figured might as well post it here: http://www.divshare.com/download/3402002-b6f

Comments

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    WHY DA HELL WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THAT AWFULL VOMIT INDUCING SONG???

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    h8terz fall back, this isn't the "hatt on soulja boy" thread...

kid is gettin that ringtone and royalty money, good for him

SOULJA BOY REPRESENTS THE SPIRIT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND THE AMERICAN DREAM, DEAL WITH IT. SERIOUS.

ps:

Awwwwww UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    WHY DA HELL WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THAT AWFULL VOMIT INDUCING SONG???

it's catchy

• WHY DA HELL WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THAT AWFULL VOMIT INDUCING SONG???

YAAAAH TRICK YAAAAAH!

• WHY DA HELL WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THAT AWFULL VOMIT INDUCING SONG???

YAAAAH TRICK YAAAAAH!

I'm saying!

YAAAAAAH!

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Wow,unbelievable...I understand that you might like it but at same time I can't .Honestly this kind of music seems like it 's made for people with a mental handicap...There's nothing coherent or interseing being said besides that beat (the original) is sooo incredibly repetitive.
    Specially in a forum like this where we have access to incredible music why waste time with that...
    Concerning the monay making thing , it's ok, let the guy make his money .But Music shouldn't be looked at that way. This is like the McDonalds of music, it's terrible but people still want more...

• Man there is room for all types of schitt out there.

In other words,

• apparently you don't have any bathin ape.

edit. that wasn't meant as a reply to you jonny.

• Wow,unbelievable...I understand that you might like it but at same time I can't .Honestly this kind of music seems like it 's made for people with a mental handicap...There's nothing coherent or interseing being said besides that beat (the original) is sooo incredibly repetitive.
    Specially in a forum like this where we have access to incredible music why waste time with that...
    Concerning the monay making thing , it's ok, let the guy make his money .But Music shouldn't be looked at that way. This is like the McDonalds of music, it's terrible but people still want more...

Dood- Its just music. Music that is made for partyin. There is nothin wrong with music made for people to get loose to. People don't go to the club to be learned on some musical appreciation schitt. They want non thought provoking music they can dance/drink/sing along with. Where is the harm there?

Don't hate, congratulate!

YAAAAH TRICK YAAAAAH!

earlier this summer I was bumpin "crank dat" in my ride and another time I was explaining the dance to some friends

on both ocassions, I had people crankin dat on the street as I drove by and a guy walked by and shouted "now wa me uuuu!" this was when the video was barely on mtv2

schitt is/was so viral it's not even funny

• so many catchy elements.

You also can't hate on someone because they used stock sounds. If you're the first person to do it in a catchy way then you win. The Grindin drums are a good example of that. Or you've gotta be the second person to quickly come out with something that sounds eerily familiar.

On that note, please to be checking out my new album...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    There's nothing coherent or interseing

-----------thanks

The Grindin drums are a good example of that. Or you've gotta be the second person to quickly come out with something that sounds eerily familiar.

Exactly, "Grindin'" was massive and spawned quite a few imitators, but it's just an interpolation of the "Big Beat" drums. You can also say that about "Hollaback Girl" (almost a version of Grindin interlaced with Toni Basil) and countless other Neptunes beats. Swizz Beats kind of jacked this style and has been riding it hard with whistle sounds and tambourines, lol.

LOL for dayz on your new CD..where can I cop it? Is that you on the right or the left? LOLZ SUPERSOAKD DA CASH, WAA ME UUUU?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Man there is room for all types of schitt out there.

In other words,

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The Grindin drums are a good example of that. Or you've gotta be the second person to quickly come out with something that sounds eerily familiar.

Exactly, "Grindin'" was massive and spawned quite a few imitators, but it's just an interpolation of the "Big Beat" drums. You can also say that about "Hollaback Girl" (almost a version of Grindin interlaced with Toni Basil) and countless other Neptunes beats. Swizz Beats kind of jacked this style and has been riding it hard with whistle sounds and tambourines, lol.

LOL for dayz on your new CD..where can I cop it? Is that you on the right or the left? LOLZ SUPERSOAKD DA CASH, WAA ME UUUU?

not really though, where do you get big beat from grindin?

err.....I mean, YAH YAH TRICK!!

interpolation of style, not the direct drums

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'm all for some off-the-wall silly stuff like Soulja Boy as long as it's not conflated as hip-hop or rap. It belongs in the macarena category.

• p gunn, topics always goes off in some other direction. Just wanted to say that your remix is cool. It's not too different, not exactly the same, which would make it useful for playing out. I just noticed nobody had commented on it and you started the thread.

p gunn, topics always goes off in some other direction. Just wanted to say that your remix is cool. It's not too different, not exactly the same, which would make it useful for playing out. I just noticed nobody had commented on it and you started the thread.

thx!

it's kinda on a grime/dubstep thing, which is to say if you play it on big speakers the bassline smacks you in the face...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Wow,unbelievable...I understand that you might like it but at same time I can't .Honestly this kind of music seems like it 's made for people with a mental handicap...There's nothing coherent or interseing being said besides that beat (the original) is sooo incredibly repetitive.

LOL I missed this ... hilarious!

Yo Petey Wheatstraw, make me a dubstep remix of
    "Joy and Pain" by Rob Base! And get up here on a Monday!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts

Ahem...No. Where's that rocket science expertise coming from man?? You are making no sense. It is NOT an interpolation of Big Beat. Do a step-by-step sheet for both songs and you'll see that both beats have NOTHING in common. And i you can say that about Holla Back Girls, then you can even say that Biggie's Unbelievable sounds like Coldplay.
    Swizz have been using whistles and tambourines since a while. He didn't wait for Grindin. And i didn't know Tambourines and Whistles was patterned dude. Would you say that Batucada's artist are sucking the Tunes?? C'mon...all that sounds like hateration. And Crank Dat, please, this is a kid song. Y'all are from the kids. Y'all don't luh tha kidz like ...It's sad to see old grumpy men being mad at a 16 years old dressed in 5XXXL shirts and BAPE. It's not your generation. But the people from our generation, the Biz, Humtpy Hump, etc, was THAT ridiculous. I know the musical bed was so much better back then, but it's gone. There will be no more Parliament/Bootsy/Breakbeats type of artist before 2050. Now they fuck around with keyboards and Fruity Loops. You know it's hard out there for the pimps...

• my original mention of grindin was in reference to them being stock sounds. I was merely trying to say that you can knock out some stock sounds in a way that is pure fire. Can't hate soulja boy because he tapped out some stock shit, forgot the hi hats, and then made mucho ringtone money.

my original mention of grindin was in reference to them being stock sounds. I was merely trying to say that you can knock out some stock sounds in a way that is pure fire. Can't hate soulja boy because he tapped out some stock shit, forgot the hi hats, and then made mucho ringtone money.

i would say at least half the hip hop you hear on the radio these days is some sort of stock sounds, whether Triton or whatever...

oh, and i did a different remix of the remix....

http://www.divshare.com/download/3189178-267

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    http://realtalkny.rawkus.com/2008/01/topic/topic/news/soulja-boy-speaks-his-mind-on-several-issues/
    I look around and see alot of haters.. Even famous people who don???t know me. Steve Harvey hating? I mean Damn.. STEVE HARVEY? wtf I grew up watchin this nigga on TV and he wanna get on radio saying my songs are vulgar and trying to stop me from gettin my paper. I mean damn dude if yo son was out here trying to provide from his family you wouldn???t wont someone trying to stop his success and making up shit. How you gone say some shit on Radio where ALOT of people will believe just because of who you are leave your mouth if you didnt make sure it was true? I got old ass niggaz from Wu-Tang dissin me. Some dude named GZA from Wu-Tang Clan dat was born in 66′ lol, who I never met in my life.. I???m like wow.. Then I seen a video of Jody Breeze talking shit about me? and for WHAT? Cuz they mad at all this Perfection. Don???t hate. INHALE IT IN NIGGA BREATHE IT IN! BASK IN IT!

• Some dude named GZA

• GZA in NY mag: "I stopped smoking weed... cause I'm really lazy... now I can't blame it on the weed."

smh

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Some dude named Chad

• Some dude named Chad

huh?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I got old ass niggaz from Wu-Tang dissin me.

• More the Soulja Boy's Mental-dome.

Life is short.. Man sometimes I just want to quit rapping and become a regular dude again.. I need yall more than ever.. Rumors being spreaded about me daily.. Dudes dissin me left and right.. Lying making up shit.. The Media lying trying fuck up my career.. Hataz Multiplying everyday.. I guess this is the price of living my dream..