Laundry Strut (NRR)

thedailyhustlethedailyhustle 151 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I have recently begun to step my game up as far as apparel and clothing goes. I was curious to know yall techniques, or haha choices of detergent etc to keep your fits lookin fresh and avoid the dreaded faded colors?Maybe im disconnected on the laundry game but drop some knowledge.. and nah im not bein im just tryin to keep my high dollar clothes stayin proper....

Comments

• Fuckin laundry advice?!?! take that shit to marthastewart.com

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Fuckin laundry advice?!?! take that shit to marthastewart.com

dude, there are no boundaries on the strut, there's a 'post a pic of your cat' thread up right now for f*ck sake..
    Help the man out.

• yeah you're right
    Tip #1 don't put a lot of startch in your panties it makes them bunch up

• big momma used to drop some knowledge regarding shrinkage when i was a child. basically if you don't want your t-shits or clothing to shrink, always put your machine to COLD / DELICATE. and always hang dry.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Frickin' laundry advice?!?! take that shit to marthastewart.com

Air dry your favorite T-Shirts. Always air dry your Polos. Air dry your Jeans.

Separate your Light colors/Whites/Darks. I even keep a batch/group for Cold Water Cleaning.

Use those fabric softeners when using a dryer.

Take care of your clothes, shit aint cheap.

Turn your underwear inside out so the detergent can get the bootystains out.

Once your outta college, learn how to up your laundry game for real.

And dudes who let their girl wash their gear says they dont care about their shit.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Separate your Light colors/Whites/Darks. I even keep a batch/group for Cold Water Cleaning.

And dudes who let their girl wash their gear says they dont care about their shit.

I agree with all of this except the air drying bit. What's the point of that? And as a city dweller, how do you pull it off?

Oh, and I only separate into dry cleaning and lights/darks. I know, I know???

• Turn your underwear inside out so the detergent can get the bootystains out.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    [

HAHA, did you just made that up or do you already live by this rule?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I agree with all of this except the air drying bit. What's the point of that? And as a city dweller, how do you pull it off?

I don't think he means open air...? You can buy a clothes rack almost anywhere and just hang stuff on that. They fold up good and flat when not in use.

We only had a washer in our last place, so for four yrs we hung dry everything. You realize how unnecesary dryers are - things dry within a day not to mention dryers waste a lot of energy.

Other than gauch, towels and socks that get washed in hot - I wash everything else in cold and hang dry it. Your clothes last way longer and look better longer.

I hang dry my stuff over chairs/shower racks/etc. Whatever.

And as far as the bootystains........inside-out for real.

Darks and lights are fine but im not puttin my whites w/ my pastels. I bleach my whites anyways.

Plus a Red towel w/ a light-Beige towel =

I don't think he means open air...? You can buy a clothes rack almost anywhere and just hang stuff on that. They fold up good and flat when not in use.

Interesting. I wash my clothes at the laundromat across the street from my place, so I'm already over there, and the drying is actually pretty cheap. Is it worth it to bring my stiff home wet and rack it at home? And wouldn't everything get perma-wrinkly in transit? School a bachelor.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    yes your clothes will dry wrinkly when you hang dry. and that picture is crazy talk... if you hang dry your shirt on a hangar like that they will stretch and you will get shirt nipples.

and my drawers don't go IN to the wash with booty-stains, so uh, do what you will with that.

And jeans take about 2 days to hang dry completely.

Interesting. I wash my clothes at the laundromat across the street from my place, so I'm already over there, and the drying is actually pretty cheap. Is it worth it to bring my stiff home wet and rack it at home? And wouldn't everything get perma-wrinkly in transit? School a bachelor.

I have a laundrymatt in the basement of my apt bldg, so I dry all my wack clothes and bring up my worth-saving stuff.

Irons!Take!Care!Of!Wrinkles!

Two days?! I guess it depends on the size of the jeans.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This is a superb question. What I do is, I buy a lemon (preferably 10cm in diameter) and scrub on the clothing, up and down, and then air dry it. With the excess, you can apply it on the arm-pit area, for a deodorant scent that chicks dig!!!

Try it with your favorite fruits!

• With regards to that polo:

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    THAT IS WHY I IRON ALL MY CLOTHES!

And then she calls me fat....

THANKS A LOT!

Does ironing use less energy than drying? Plus, I'm not gonna lie???I may be too lazy to iron on the reg.

This is a superb question. What I do is, I buy a lemon (preferably 10cm in diameter) and scrub on the clothing, up and down, and then air dry it. With the excess, you can apply it on the arm-pit area, for a deodorant scent that chicks dig!!!

Dude, then you must rub a whole Pineapple on yo' bootystains and shit.

I think it comes down to what you got and if you have patience for ironing. Most of my clothes I won't put in the dryer and even when I was using the laundromat, I would haul it back home wet and hang-dry. If I have 10 things I'm going to hang-dry and three things that I'm willing to put in the dryer, I might as well hang dry it all, you know?

Yes, definitely bring your stiff back home wet.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Dude, then you must rub a whole Pineapple on yo' bootystains and shit.

You better believe it. I buy organic fruits for that sorta use.

Does ironing use less energy than drying? Plus, I'm not gonna lie???I may be too lazy to iron on the reg.

U dont have to iron all that shit. Just iron whatever your gonna wear that day. And its usually just the shirt.
    Unless you have yo shit sent to the real Laundry.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    THE WORLD ACCORDING TO B-MON

bring your stiff back home wet

bring your stiff back home wet

I was quoting him!

choices of detergent etc to keep your fits lookin fresh and avoid the dreaded faded colors?

Mountain Fresh Tide Liquid detergent

THANKS A LOT!

Not at all!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

THANKS A LOT!

Not at all!

WHY DO YOU HATE LARGE PEOPLE?

SIZIST!