Is This Rare? (Cal Tjader 45-related)

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I don't know, but what is special about it compared to other Tjader 45s on Fantasy, except it is on black not red vinyl?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I don't know, but what is special about it compared to other Tjader 45s on Fantasy, except it is on black not red vinyl?

...and the fact that the label is green, instead of fantasy's usual maroon color?

...and the fact that the label is green, instead of fantasy's usual maroon color?
    Yea that too come to think of it......

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Green is pretty common on Fantasy 45's.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

The potential (relative) rarity of that song on 45 (regardless of label/vinyl color) is the only aspect of the 45's potential specialness that interests me.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Gemm $27.50

• Not only is this 45 rare, it is culled from the mega-rare LP in which Tjader, Willie Bobo, Lonnie Hewitt et al are dressed up in Lacrosse uniforms.

The potential (relative) rarity of that song on 45 (regardless of label/vinyl color) is the only aspect of the 45's potential specialness that interests me.
    Gotcha, what's on the flip??

• Great fekkin toon!

Not only is this 45 rare, it is culled from the mega-rare LP in which Tjader, Willie Bobo, Lonnie Hewitt et al are dressed up in Lacrosse uniforms.
    Would you risk naming said LP?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Latino, if memory serves.

Gotcha, what's on the flip??
    "Doxie"

Not only is this 45 rare, it is culled from the mega-rare LP in which Tjader, Willie Bobo, Lonnie Hewitt et al are dressed up in Lacrosse uniforms.
    Only if it's the later live version, there is an earlier studio version as well. I've never seen or heard of Doxie being paired with Mamblues on 45.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Gemm $27.50

which means its worth $5.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    potential specialness