CORNNUTS

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I HAVE A SEALED BOX OF RANCH IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. THESE ARE DEADSTOCK FROM 1993. I FOUND THESE HIDDEN UNDER AN EMPTY CHIQUITAS BANANA BOX. FULL FLAVOR. NOT SOME BOOTLEG NUTS MIX. In all seriousness though, does anyone remember the Cornnuts song which briefly aired on the radio that went, "Bust a nut, bust a nut, da da da la, bust a nut. You can bust a nut at school..." I'm being dead serious.

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I HAVE A SEALED BOX OF RANCH IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. THESE ARE DEADSTOCK FROM 1993. I FOUND THESE HIDDEN UNDER AN EMPTY CHIQUITAS BANANA BOX. FULL FLAVOR. NOT SOME BOOTLEG NUTS MIX.

In all seriousness though, does anyone remember the Cornnuts song which briefly aired on the radio that went, "Bust a nut, bust a nut, da da da la, bust a nut. You can bust a nut at school..." I'm being dead serious.

those things gross me out. Like too salty and hard with weird ass chemical aftertaste going on.

combos or cheezits are where its at.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I HAVE A SEALED BOX OF RANCH IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. THESE ARE DEADSTOCK FROM 1993. I FOUND THESE HIDDEN UNDER AN EMPTY CHIQUITAS BANANA BOX. FULL FLAVOR. NOT SOME BOOTLEG NUTS MIX.

In all seriousness though, does anyone remember the Cornnuts song which briefly aired on the radio that went, "Bust a nut, bust a nut, da da da la, bust a nut. You can bust a nut at school..." I'm being dead serious.

those things gross me out. Like too salty and hard with weird ass chemical aftertaste going on.

combos or cheezits are where its at.

Those things will give you the green apple splatters!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    That commercial was the shit......I couldn't believe that made it past the FCC.

Think it went "Bust a nut, bust a nut......grab a bag of corn nuts and bust a nut! They're salty and juicy (?) and hard as hell! Enjoy yourself - we won't tell." Rad.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I've loved Corn Nuts since junior high and will love 'em 'til the day I die (OG Flavor only).

I've also found that a bag of Corn Nuts and a tall can of Rockstar will keep your ass awake at 4am when driving home from a concert that's 2 hours away.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

That's the second best thing I've heard all day (after The Non's Slstrt song).
    Incredible.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

YES YES YES!!!!!!![/b]

THAT BEAT IS STILL FRESH TO DEF 10 YEARS LATER. OG CLASSIC STATUS.

That shit was on the air when I was in middle school for a very brief period.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Post of the year.

Taken from Wikipedia:

History

Albert Holloway invented corn nuts in 1936. He originally sold them to taverns as a beer snack, calling them Brown Jug Toasted Corn.[1]

Preparation

Corn nuts are prepared by soaking whole corn in water for three days, then deep-fry them in oil until they are hard and brittle.[2]

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Hahaha, I can't believe this is real, frickin' amazing.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Corn nuts are prepared by soaking whole corn in water for three days, then deep-fry them in oil until they are hard and brittle.[2]

The only corn I want sitting in water for three days comes in a barrel, a bottle, or a mason jar.

Plus, those things make your breath smell super freaky.

The only corn I want sitting in water for three days comes in a barrel, a bottle, or a mason jar.

Plus, those things make your breath smell super freaky.

I take it that you aren't too familiar about busting a nut.

• I HAVE A SEALED BOX OF RANCH IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. THESE ARE DEADSTOCK FROM 1993. I FOUND THESE HIDDEN UNDER AN EMPTY CHIQUITAS BANANA BOX. FULL FLAVOR. NOT SOME BOOTLEG NUTS MIX.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,848 Posts
    (OG Flavor only).

• ohh man, good post. on the real, these things have been around for a bit. they just recently had their brand identity changed for more marketing in the past couple years. yo real talk all day, the first time i ever had em, was '89 in elementary school. in the spring our lunch was like open lunch and you could eat at the play ground and one of my friends had some from the snack machine and put me on. they were the nacho cheese kind and i couldn't believe it. needless to say moms wouldn't give me the .50 cents to by my own because she always made my lunch and once i moved i didn't see those things for like 13 years. you can find the OG, ranch, and BBQ ones every where but them nacho one's are elusive! i just found a spot by my new place that has em there...6 of tecate's and a bag of nacho corn nuts son.

machu picchu!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

Hahaha, I can't believe this is real, frickin' amazing.

man I need a mp3 of that right thur...