That Dr Dre Mixtape - 86' In The Mix

40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
In case u missed it...www.djsoulnyc.blogspot.comNow... Can somebody break down the mixtape scene at the Swap Meet and post some K-Day Holiday Weekend mixes from back in the day?

Comments

• man at kday every weekend was like a holiday. Fri and sat nights the mixmasters had it locked. Plus every day at noon, 5pm & 8pm they would do mixes. I know some of em pre recorded their mixes though. They weren't restricted by playlists so whatever they wanted to play, they played it.

• C'mon Soulstrut... I know there's a lot of peeps up in here from L.A. right? Drop some science....

All I'm asking for is for someone to breakdown these Dr Dre mixtapes and the swap meet!

Adam 12 and Riggs Morales... Step up!

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    man you are holdin it down with the mixtapes..keep em comin
    if you got any dope evil dee tapes up them (no this is not in the slightest a request *hintedi hint hint* )
    but im feelin the tapes you upped so far thanks!

• Thanks for sharing this, man. Downloading as we type.

- J

• C'mon Soulstrut... I know there's a lot of peeps up in here from L.A. right? Drop some science....

All I'm asking for is for someone to breakdown these Dr Dre mixtapes and the swap meet!

The story's been told before... Steve Yano used to have a booth at the rodium swap meet selling rap records. He started selling mixtapes. As far as I know Dre was the first one to sell em there but I could be wrong. There were other dj's like tony a and battery brain who used to sell tapes there also...that's all I know but maybe someone else can give you some more info soul...Thanks for the mixes! lovin em...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    A Few.

More in Here.

And in this pile of shit.

The story's been told before... Steve Yano used to have a booth at the rodium swap meet selling rap records. He started selling mixtapes. As far as I know Dre was the first one to sell em there but I could be wrong. There were other dj's like tony a and battery brain who used to sell tapes there also...that's all I know but maybe someone else can give you some more info soul...Thanks for the mixes! lovin em...

Thank u!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

This made my day.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    What's the music bed on that Mr. Postman mash-up at the beginning of Side B? Is it Gigolo Tony? I'm spacing...