Affinity LP (Vertigo Swirl help related) ...

scrimboscrimbo 49 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Murky waters for someone like me ...The cat# given to me is 6560 004, but Wikipedia tells me that the suffix of all Vertigo LP's were 63 ... Does anyone have an idea of what that would make this copy?? A re-issue? A typo, or maybe a listing error on the seller's part?Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• what an album!!!! that goes for a small fortune doesn't it...

• there was a us repress on paramount, which is the one i got. thats probably the cat # for that pressing.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    That "swirl" in that pic, if thats the one your referring to, doesn't look right to me.
    I sold a bunch of OG Vertigo stuff a while back and the "swirls" on those didnt look like that one.
    That's my two cents.

• i assumed that pic was grabbed from google images or something -- its def not a swirl as it doesnt have the 'swirl' in the top right corner of the front cover like they all did.... thats a pic of the US release isnt it?

• thats a pic of the US release isnt it?

yes

• i assumed that pic was grabbed from google images or something -- its def not a swirl as it doesnt have the 'swirl' in the top right corner of the front cover like they all did.... thats a pic of the US release isnt it?

Thanks for all those replies!!!

I should have mentioned that the pic I posted is NOT the actual record itself ... Just checked up on the pic now, and it does have the Vertigo swirl. Thinking it may just an error on the listing ... I'll take a punt anyway, the track 'Three Sisters' on progarchives.com has been getting me thorugh the day.

The US repress on Paramount has a diff. cat.# (PAS5027) to the one I mentioned earlier ...