shipping a book from berlin

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I won a copy of tony munzlinger's "jazz for cats only" book on german ebay and am trying to get a decent shipping quote/service because the seller is trying to charge me 32 euros to ship it to Miami.Can anyone help me get a cheaper quote?I understand I have to pay to play, but the book wasn't even 32 euros.Thanks

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    ask piedpiper

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    tell him to send it as maxibrief. shipping to the us should be less than 12 euros!
    it is possible to send it registered for only 2 euros more.

32 euros is the price for a regular package. tell him he doesn't need to send it as p??ckchen. maxibrief is the best option.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    you are the dude
    thanks yo

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    ask piedpiper

or grope.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i emailed the ebay seller and told her about what yall said here. she checked with the postal service and came back with this:
    Hello,
    a "Maxibrief international" costs only 4 Euros, but no side can be longer than 60 cm - and this is 65 cm...
    Can you ask your friend what exactly he meant - maybe he has the information from another delivery company.

----------

any other way i can have this sent without paying 32 euros?

thanks yall

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    the book is 65 cms long??? that's weird. two records long? tell her to check this (link below). it says that the lenghth can't be bigger than 60 cms, but the rest can be 90... i guess it means that the longest side can't be more than 60 cms, so it wouldn't really matter if one side is 65 cms long. (does that make sense?)

info site for the german postal services: books international

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    you can look at the site in english... maybe you can figure out if it is possible to send your book as buch (book).

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    ok thank you again man. I sent her the info and i will let you know what i find out.
    peace yo

• Book Postal Rates in English

I have had a few heated email exchanges in the past with people who try to ridiculously overcharge on postal rates. Most countries have online postal calculators with a bit of googling can be accessed and add good ammunition to any argument over freight prices.

If it weighs between 2kg and 3kg the rate for airmail is 34 Euro