stupid quick easy Microwave question

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
how do I reset all the songs in a crate to turn from green to white so I can start fresh??? that shit annoys me...

Comments

• how do I reset all the songs in a crate to turn from green to white so I can start fresh??? that shit annoys me...

Review > Clear

Now I have a question:

Why the hell can't I delete certain files?! They're showing up pink and my "protect files" option is UNchecked.

WTF?!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    the internet is magic. so is jesus.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    how do I reset all the songs in a crate to turn from green to white so I can start fresh??? that shit annoys me...

Review > Clear

Now I have a question:

Why the hell can't I delete certain files?! They're showing up pink and my "protect files" option is UNchecked.

WTF?!

Hold down cntrl/delete (I think). That should erase it from your crate. Same thing works with deleting entire crates too.

• how do I reset all the songs in a crate to turn from green to white so I can start fresh??? that shit annoys me...

Review > Clear

Now I have a question:

WTF?!

Hold down cntrl/delete (I think). That should erase it from your crate. Same thing works with deleting entire crates too.

Yeah, I tried that but they wouldn't budge. I had to find the files in iTunes, delete 'em there, re-open the microwave and uncheck the "read iTunes library" option, cntrl/delete the pink, then check the "read iTunes" option again. What a hasslehoff!

Day, you ever use an iPod as an external drive? If so, go here please!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Review > Clear

Now I have a question:

WTF?!

Yeah, I tried that but they wouldn't budge. I had to find the files in iTunes, delete 'em there, re-open the microwave and uncheck the "read iTunes library" option, cntrl/delete the pink, then check the "read iTunes" option again. What a hasslehoff!

Day, you ever use an iPod as an external drive? If so, go here please!

I haven't. I actually don't use an external at all. Maybe I should I'm running out of spaces and places on here.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    sorry to chime in:

is it more stable/ much preferred to use Microwave with songs saved in your local hard drive rather than a USB external ?

i ran my shit with an external the other nite and the comp went froze a few times i had to reboot and all.

cheers.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    sorry to chime in:

is it more stable/ much preferred to use Microwave with songs saved in your local hard drive rather than a USB external ?

i ran my shit with an external the other nite and the comp went froze a few times i had to reboot and all.

cheers.

yea I'm curious about that as well....I mean I'm sure it'd work better with a firewire drive (if you're on a mac)....but I've always had my laptop with me and have never just showed up to a party with a hard drive....can anyone speak from experience?

• I run my setup with 15" power book g4 and an external firewire 100gb drive. After using it for 2-3 gigs a week for the last year it has never crashed once during a gig.

i am actually buying a friends 12" power book this week and may be moving the microwave set up onto there, to be more agile and such...

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I run my setup with 15" power book g4 and an external firewire 100gb drive. After using it for 2-3 gigs a week for the last year it has never crashed once during a gig.

Might I ask what kind/brand of hard drive that is? Do you run Microwave off of it for the entire night?