Is DJ Spinna releasing a new LP?

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
As you may know, the Dilla is the G.O.A.T 45 is out and he has another 45 out. Will these songs be featured on a full length album? The Dilla 45 is

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    So none of you know what's up?
    Soul Strut, you disappoint me.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    So none of you know what's up?
    Soul Strut, you disappoint me.

Damn hommie! LOL. Call Spinna and ask him!

I am simply a fan of his work.

• dude is pretty prolific so I woudn??t be surpirsed if he has one dropping soon. if anything he??s always banging out mix cd??s and remixes. he did a real nice remix of Panacea with Raheem Devaughn, it definetly grew on me.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I am simply a fan of his work.

Me too. I'm just giving you a hard time (no homo).

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    thought he's new Poly album is coming soon ?

saw some videos on youtube where they were just clownin in the studio...that new female MC in the group is mega hot too!

• The Dilla 45 is

they both are...a 3rd 45 is coming out next month- all artowrk by yours truly.

(dont know about a full-length...)

• Hip-Hop wise,Spinna is in my top 10 all time..

I have almost every hip-hop song and remix he's done for vrious cats.

2 years ago,Spinna was in my top 10,i probably wouldn't hesitate to put him somewhere around 7 or 8 in my top 10

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    they did an album this year called break glass. Thats what that youtube footage is from.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I would definitely be into checking a new LP from him! the Polyrhythm Addicts should be coming real soon ... I met him in Toronto in the spring and caught him live at Southport Weekender in November ... great guy and a very talented DJ / producer...

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    It's so sad.
    That Polyrhythm Addicts LP must of went wood, nobody knows it came out.
    It's good, too. Brazilian loops & hard drums I>very/I> high in the mix.

• I have almost every hip-hop song and remix he's done for vrious cats.

dude you serious_ During the indie craze he had multiple tracks, remixes coming out every month. I think he has a bout a 100 or so official tracks, remixes etc.

and yeah co'sign on him being a nice guy. I got booked to go on before him here at S.F.??s soul slam party and did was mad humble and even gave me daps on my set.

It's so sad.

Hmm... that sucks if it doesn't come out! Back in March he did say it should be out by the Fall so maybe there is a holdup at the label for some reason?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Ha! No, this is just what I mean. People have no idea that it came out.
    I believe it's been out for seven months now.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

The Dilla 45 is

Where can I buy these?

I totally misread your post.... ok I need to check for that one!

thanks

• Where can I buy these?

I think Labcabin had'em.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    the Polyrhythm Addicts should be coming real soon ...

It's so sad.

Hmm... that sucks if it doesn't come out! Back in March he did say it should be out by the Fall so maybe there is a holdup at the label for some reason?

I totally misread your post.... ok I need to check for that one!

thanks

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    I've had that Polyrhythm Addicts set for a while. On the tip, from a blog site. I would have poasted about liking it earlier, but I thought the lack of heat about it here was because it was in some way deemed by the resident hip-hop big dudes.

To be honest, I kinda lost faith in the genre as it seems to be at it's least-musical point evarrr, but

The Dilla 45 is

Where can I buy these?
    I copped them at Good.

• Yeah,i'm talking all the hip-hop joints,whether it's all the Jigmastas shit,to any other artist,including remixes..That's hip-hop,not the electro,house or r&b songs.

I have a lot of shit on wax and cd,and i won't lie some of the more rare joints on mp3 through downloads.

I've got just about everything,including the mp3 for the remix he did for Compton's Most Wanted.

One of the more craziest joints he produced i've never heard anyone talk about is Pharohe Monch's "Tooley Crew Personified"..I heard Monk One or DJ One Man up at WBAI play the OG sample a couple years ago,it was fuckin nice.

"Part Of The Game" by RISE is a underrated/overlooked Spinna joint too.