Trus'me

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I usually shy away from unsolicited recommendations, but I know there's a few people up in here that check for KDJ, Theo Parrish n 'em, so it's principally those whose attention I'd draw to this Trus'me dude. If you prefer your house music to come with a grittier - dare I say it? - hip-hop vibe, you might like this shit. Dude is from Manchester, and he's had a few well-received 12"s released over the last year or so (all of which I slept on, to my shame), but his album came out at the end of last month, and you can hear a good two-thirds on that myspace link. There's nothing especially original or ground-breaking about it - if you're familiar with the Moodymann shit, then this is definitely in the same postal district - but it's an extremely well put together example of the kind of house-with-a-hip-hop-dynamic that I really like, yet very few people seem to make.

Comments

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    yes, dope music. don't know the album yet...

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    im with it. been playin that nards cut for a minute

• I have been checking Trus'me for a minute his stuff is straight

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah this shit is pretty tight. First time ive ever heard of him.

• I also for got to post this but a nice little mix up by him:

Trus'me Live In Manchester Mix

• Even though it seems like he??s just looping up disco tracks it??s still pretty nice. I??ll cop when I come back. How are this earlier EP joints.

and co'sign on the whole ??house with a hip hop dynamic??, it??s been a direction I??ve been Frickin' with as of late.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    This is nice stuff!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Even though it seems like he??s just looping up disco tracks it??s still pretty nice.

Doesn't sound that simple to my ears. Sounds more like interpolations. Like "Drilling" which is the bass/rhodes groove from "The Road To Love" by Mandrill replayed with live instrumentation.

I am . Thanks for the heads up, Doc.