Guitar Hero

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
CRACK.I never thought I'd ever be into it, but my mother-in-law got it for me for Christmas and now I'm in my living room doing the splits in my underwear. Someone help me.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im surprised that no ones brought this game up. This shit is the hottest game out there and I have no interest in playing.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Im surprised that no ones brought this game up. This shit is the hottest game out there and I have no interest in playing.

I was the same way. I played once a few months ago and was like "ehhhhhhhhhh". Then we sat around and played it for a while on Christmas and once I got the hang of it, I was hooked.

This shit is crazy too

Ive seen mad mothers coppin this game. Shit there already on Guitar Hero 3 already.

Shit is gonna take out Kareoke & Air Guitar Batlles.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Oh my god, get this shit away from me. I can't play this game without seeing colored tabs roll out of me peripheral vision!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Not to be a debbie downer, but I'm with South Park in finding it sad that kids wanna play this instead of learning to play a real guitar.
    PS Day, we need a pic of you playing Guitar Hero, yet giving all the credit to the guy next to you.
    PPS I keed I keed

Im curious to what songs are available cause i can 2 shits about Sweet Chile Of Mine and Led Zepplin shit.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.....

They need a Bass Hero w/ Funk Songs/Catalog and ill be all over that shit.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I knew I'd get some hate, but hey, shit is fun. [color:red]SABBATH IN THE LIVING ROOM [/color]

• Oh my god, get this shit away from me. I can't play this game without seeing colored tabs roll out of me peripheral vision!

For real. When I used to play this on the regular, everytime I would close my eyes I would see scrolling coloured tabs. Made for one hell of a trip

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Not to be a debbie downer, but I'm with South Park in finding it sad that kids wanna play this instead of learning to play a real guitar.

I think if anything, this will encourage people to pick up a real guitar. I know it's helped me dexterity wise on the cut (no joke).

PS Day, we need a pic of you playing Guitar Hero, yet giving all the credit to the guy next to you.
    PPS I keed I keed

Ha!

I know this is on some Starbucks/Pop Culture Phenomenon shit, but I don't care. Having kids changes your perspective on things and this is something everyone can get down with. I even got my wife to play it which is a feat unto itself.

• CRACK.

I am far from a "gamer", I get bored w/ video games real quick, but Guitar Hero is some fun shhh.

Talk about timing, literally as I was opening this thread, I saw my neighbor pull up and get a huge box out of his trunk. "ROCK BAND"

why play music when you can play playing music.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Have you actually played it? I was the same way. I was like, ehhh, whatever. Then once you try playing through a song you really like (that may be the trick for some people) it's really fun.

I kinda like the fact that things like the Wii and Guitar Hero are bringing a social aspect to video games. My wife has actually expressed interest in playing Wii games with me, which is not the case with my PS2. Even watching someone take a crack at Guitar Hero is fun, especially if they choose a good song. Add friends and some beer and you've got yourself a party.

Like I said.... give me a Bass Hero Game w/ Funk songs and Im in.

I have no fantasies of

I already play an 82 game season on NBA LIVE 08. Im well occupied.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Red, Red, Green, Green, Blue......

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

is that Kristen Bell?

no way. Is it?

Either way, I'm Thigh high black stockings are always a good look.

• i'm glad i don't have this game because i can see myself getting addicted.

but that rock band game actually looks like it might be even more addictive...

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I got a chance to play it at Fryes over the christmas season.

I dunno, maybe it's me, but it was kinda too easy. I unlocked slash without even blinking.

It feels nothing like a real guitar and tapping the fret colors is more of a skill akin to typing. Arpeggios feel like this, "fdsasdfdsasdf."

Plus i felt like I was going to break the whammy bar.

I guess it's suppose to be a step up from air guitar, which I also don't quite understand.

- spidey

• one of my roommates is a damn hack on some guitar hero and i tell him every time he turns that shit on that i'd lend him my guitar so he could learn how to actually play. playing speed metal on guitar hero is always more appealing to him than picking out 'smoke on the water' for real. boggles my mind.

that said, i really wanna try the drums part of that rock band game.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

They need a Bass Hero w/ Funk Songs/Catalog and ill be all over that shit.

Hell yeah. If you could play with Bernard Wright or Bootsy joints that would be decent!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• give me a Bass Hero Game w/ Funk songs and Im in.

• My girl wants this damn game.
    She keeps tellin' me about it. I'm totally

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Even watching someone take a crack at Guitar Hero is fun, especially if they choose a good song. Add friends and some beer and you've got yourself a party.

Oh, HELL NO! A few of my friends are straight addicted to it, and I can barely go over their place now. I'll get there on a Saturday, looking to head out and make a night of it, and after a beer and a bit of chatting, they proceed to turn on Guitar Hero and faux-rock ???til the wee hours. Fantasy gets the gas face when it begins to supercede reality.

Fantasy gets the gas face when it begins to supercede reality.

Well, of course it does. Most activities get the gas face when they begin to supercede reality. Plaese to refer to the cocaine thread from a while back. In most cases, we should be indicting the users rather than what's being used.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Fantasy gets the gas face when it begins to supercede reality.

Well, of course it does. Most activities get the gas face when they begin to supercede reality. Plaese to refer to the cocaine thread from a while back. In most cases, we should be indicting the users rather than what's being used.

I'm not saying Guitar Hero is a bad thing. But "beer + friends + Guitar Hero = party"...well, that's not my kind of party.

b/w

Do you even Guitar Hero party?

b/w

Do you even Guitar Hero party?

Ha ha. I like that.

I guess the comparison of "party" to "Guitar Hero Party" was not the one I was trying to make. In that case, "party" is far superior, I agree. I was going for "Guitar Hero with friends" vs. "playing a different video game all by yourself." GH and Wii have opened up a social aspect of video games that wasn't really there before. By social, I mean people in the same room as you, not mad people online playing Halo.

Guitar Hero and Wii have both gotten people that don't normally play video games playing. The past two Thanksgiving holidays we have turned on GH and let people take turns . Good times.