top 5 Impressions songs

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Long, Long WinterJust Another DanceMy Deceiving HeartThey Don't KnowMighty Mighty

Comments

• not really top 5 because they have so many classics that everybody knows that can't be topped, but here are 5 that i've been listening to STRONG in the last month or so:

i'm loving nothing
    soulful love
    we must be in love
    this love's for real (i've really been getting into some of the leroy hutson-era stuff that i neglected years ago)
    love me

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Impossible!! At this time:

Emotions
    We're Rollin On
    Seven Years
    They Don't Know
    You Must Believe

• mmmhhh if you don't count the golden period with Curtis, then some of the lesser known songs I mucho like are mostly from mid 70's arranged by Pate or Tufo

as

groove
    old before my time,
    preacher man,
    etc

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And oh yea - I Loved and I Lost

• off the head, without looking at other lists:

"I'm Loving Nothing"
    "Long Long Winter" (you SELDOM hear songs dealing with winter like you do the other three seasons, unless it's about Xmas, so props to Curtis for taking the road less travelled)
    "Finally Got Myself Together"
    "Keep On Pushing"
    "I Loved & I Lost"

(and I could easily add five more)

• That's too hard. Instead here's the last five Impressions songs I listened to:

Fool For You
    I've Been Trying
    Right on Time
    We're a Winner
    They Don't Know

What amazes me about the Impressions is how the impact of the songs never diminishes: no matter how many times I listen to these records they still fill me with emotion.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    What amazes me about the Impressions is how the impact of the songs never diminishes: no matter how many times I listen to these records they still fill me with emotion.

also to add "Man oh Man" to my long list of Impression song I love.

• What amazes me about the Impressions is how the impact of the songs never diminishes: no matter how many times I listen to these records they still fill me with emotion.

also to add "Man oh Man" to my long list of Impression song I love.

and im slapping my forehead Homer Simpson-style for forgetting to list "Never Too Much Love"