Car crash on X-mas

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Well one of my presents from Santa this X-Mas was to get hit in a car accident last night.I went out to dinner with my girl's family in San Leandro and was driving back home on 880. There was a stalled car in the slow lane so I slammed on my breaks and came to a complete stop. The car in front and back did the same. Then this family came crashing right into us going about 70. My girlfriend's aunt was behind us and her car got totaled. The back was laying on the freeway. The side windows got blown out. the side was all smashed out, the floor cracked and the car that hit us ended up smashing into the side of my car.Fortunately the worst injuries were my girl's grandma hit her head on the dash board and her mom had a sore leg. My car's still drivable but what a X-mas night.

Comments

• Well one of my presents from Santa this X-Mas was to get hit in a car accident last night.

I went out to dinner with my girl's family in San Leandro and was driving back home on 880. There was a stalled car in the slow lane so I slammed on my breaks and came to a complete stop. The car in front and back did the same. Then this family came crashing right into us going about 70. My girlfriend's aunt was behind us and her car got totaled. The back was laying on the freeway. The side windows got blown out. the side was all smashed out, the floor cracked and the car that hit us ended up smashing into the side of my car.

Fortunately the worst injuries were my girl's grandma hit her head on the dash board and her mom had a sore leg. My car's still drivable but what a X-mas night.

Real sorry to hear, man. I'm glad the injuries were seemingly minimal, at the very least.

I spent 15 hours on Interstate the past three days. I know we got some real road warriors in these parts but damn that shit seems so dangerous. Other people. Can't truss 'em.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Drag man. Holiday driving can be dangerous because people speed more (it's a holiday, cops will understand) and people are thinking of other stuff. Stay positive and safe.
    Peace
    T.N.

• and people are all drunk and stoopid. I hate holiday driving.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I just came back from picking up my father from the scene of a accident he ran into the back of a person's car slowing down for the police,he isn't injured that badly i think he's feeling some neck pain he didn't have his seat belt on.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    My sympathy goes out to you Motown,good to hear you weren't hurt badly.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Jo*l....glad no one was injured badly.....hope your girl's Grandma is OK....'07 out with a bang.....here's hoping for a much better '08.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i hit a bike rider in november. biggest shock in my life. fortunately, nothing really bad happened. she had to go to the hospital though.

cars suck!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That sucks majorly man. Glad to hear that the injuries were not too bad. There HAS to be good things coming for you at the beginning of the new year!

• It never ceases to amaze me how many bad drivers are in California. Considering how much time they spend behind the wheel on a daily basis, it just doesn't add up. People out here DO NOT GIVE A FUCK about defensive driving techniques. They just plow into convenience stores, people, motorcyclists, other cars, dividers, etc.

My next door neighbor totaled two cars yesterday afternoon. Her OWN car, which was parked next to mine in a our carport, and a borrowed pickup truck that she plowed into her own parked car with. There was no conceivable way that this accident should have occurred. The bitch is just an awful driver and she's in great company out here in LA.

God forbid a drop of rain should fall on the pavement. It sends these morons into a frenzy where they either: A>> Drive like complete maniacs at top speed. or B>> Drive in such a paranoid state, that they ride on their brakes and are perfect targets to crash into.

Like I said, given the sheer amount of time spent operating a vehicle, Californians are shitty Frickin' drivers. One of the main reasons I don't own a motorcycle.

Glad to hear you're OK, man. Be careful out there.

• as a public service, I am providing a map of the United States indicating where all the bad drivers live.