R.I.P. Oscar Peterson

covecove 1,566 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
A legend passes...sad...

Comments

• Oh man.... His version of smoke gets in your eyes was pure magic. One of my first samples. RIP Mr. Peterson.

• damn RIP...my dad is going to be sad...Oscar & Count Basie's "Satch & Josh" LP got a lot of play in our house...

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    One of my first samples. RIP Mr. Peterson

• aw man, R.I.P. An amazing musician who was incredible live

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    thanks and praise to a great genius
    glad i saw him a few times

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    damn.... RIP indeed... I never got the chance to see him live , and he was right here in Toronto!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    one of the only good things out of Mississauga, he shall be remembered.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    he's from Montreal

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    but he has lived in mississauga for many a years now....

rip!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    man his lp with singers unltd remains a personal favourite of mine rip to another jazz legend

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    man his lp with singers unltd remains a personal favourite of mine rip to another jazz legend

just hooked up a turntable at the parent's place and put this on...

• damn, another legend is gone...oscar had so much class...rip

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Free concert to celebrate Oscar Peterson[/b]
    The Canadian Press

January 2, 2008 at 8:25 AM EST

TORONTO ??? A free concert will be held at Roy Thomson Hall on Jan. 12 to celebrate the life of Oscar Peterson.

The legendary jazz pianist died Dec. 23 at the age of 82 at his home in Mississauga, Ont.

The 90-minute celebration, called ???Oscar Peterson ??? Simply the Best: A Concert Memorial Tribute to a Great Artist,??? will be free to the public.

It will include performances, memories and film and video highlights of Mr. Peterson's career.

The guest list will include Governor-General Micha??lle Jean and former Ontario premier, Peterson friend and avid pianist Bob Rae.

A private funeral held for Mr. Peterson on Dec. 29 in Mississauga drew hundreds of relatives and close friends.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    RIP

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    bassie, have they mentioned who will perform at the function?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Not really, there's also no info yet on how admission is going to work.

It's not looking good on the special appearances side: The event will be hosted by Valerie Pringle and special guests will include Measha Brueggergosman, Bob Rae and Micha??lle Jean, Governor General of Canada.

Can't the Gov-General just host the whole thing? Those other three are just unbearable.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Not really, there's also no info yet on how admission is going to work.

It's not looking good on the special appearances side: The event will be hosted by Valerie Pringle and special guests will include Measha Brueggergosman, Bob Rae and Micha??lle Jean, Governor General of Canada.

Can't the Gov-General just host the whole thing? Those other three are just unbearable.

my gods...

if this is the initial line up, it just doesn't fare well.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Damn!! What a bad news.