Attention:FejMelba....

Hoosier_DaddyHoosier_Daddy 141 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Hey,i noticed your location says "I Hate Hip-Hop"..You've never liked any hip-hop??...Yet you post on SOULSTRUT,just seems odd to me,Well,nothing persoanl,i'm sure you're a nice guy and all,but you still get some of these I'd say that to anyone thats never liked ANY hip-hop

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Its what we call reverse psychology.

• Haha,like i said,dude is probably a nice guy,but seriously to be a member of Soulstrut and doesn't like any hip-hop,past or present?

Seems odd to me,but whatever..I've always hated heavy metal for the most part,but i dig the early Sabbath records,and some other shit too,but the music as a whole,blah.

I get over To Louisville about 6-7 times a year,for record shopping.

I'm only a hour and a half from there..

Man,i remember a few years ago,in the DERBY flea market,there was a black dude who had a shit load of records in there and then he told me some cat from Wisconsin had bought 95% of his collection..That was around 2002..I got some joints off him,he was real cool too.

Also,there was a older black lady around the same time in the derby flea market,that was selling her son's collection (old soul,jazz records)..I got mad heat off her sons collection,all records were 50 cents to 3 bucks.

Another older white guy had a shitoad of records all over the floor and some crates,and i found a few good things,but his setup was a mess.I haven't been in there in almos 2 years though,it was mostly a big shitwhole the last time i was there.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Man,i remember a few years ago,in the DERBY flea market,there was a black dude who had a shit load of records in there and then he told me some cat from Wisconsin had bought 95% of his collection..That was around 2002..I got some joints off him,he was real cool too.

Another older white guy had a shitoad of records all over the floor and some crates,and i found a few good things,but his setup was a mess.I haven't been in there in almos 2 years though,it was mostly a big shitwhole the last time i was there.

That black dude did have some good schitt. I bought a lot reggae and hendrix from him. Dude started looking like hendrix after growing his fro' out. I do remember him telling me some dude bought all of his records from him. Then he started selling bootleg rap cd's. Now he is no longer there.

The other dude you talk about is still there, with the same ole' fucked up set up of crates on the floor with no organization at all. He has been getting a lot of turntables though.

• Haha,yeah man,he looked a lot like Hendrix,that was just a few months before he left there..But yeah,he had all cd's under those glass cases,and the cd's weren't very good for the most part..I miss those days when he was there with the vinyl,he had not only some good records,he was pretty damn cheap too..He always told me the more i bought,the bigger discount i would get,i used to buy quite a bit from him off and on for 2 years or so...Super nice dude

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

Its what we call reverse psychology.

eisse

• Hey,i noticed your location says "I Hate Hip-Hop"..You've never liked any hip-hop??...Yet you post on SOULSTRUT,just seems odd to me

so? ive got a pretty high post count myself and i have NO use for hip-hop but theres usually some good dialogue on older soul and funk, so thats why IM here...after all, it's SOUL Strut, not RAP Strut

im in it for the info on bulgarian polka raers.

for der POLKA-STRUT.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hey,i noticed your location says "I Hate Hip-Hop"..You've never liked any hip-hop??...Yet you post on SOULSTRUT,just seems odd to me

so? ive got a pretty high post count myself and i have NO use for hip-hop but theres usually some good dialogue on older soul and funk, so thats why IM here...after all, it's SOUL Strut, not RAP Strut

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    im in it for the info on bulgarian polka raers.

for der POLKA-STRUT.

thats more like it.
    now i can rest in peace.

• Yeah,i know this is SOULstrut and not RAPstrut..This forum is also called "Crate Diggin Revealed,but there's not much about crate diggin going on in this place..Still,the majority of people on here like hip-hop,whether it's new shit,old shit or both.

I mean,liking soul and funk goes hand and hand with hip-hop,that's where hip-hop's roots are from,with samples,etc..

What it not be stupid to say,i like hip-hop,but not soul/r&b??..I've never met anyone that likes hip-hop that doesn't like at least SOME old soul/funk music,but it looks like this could be the first place..But whatever,i could care less,it's just weird to me.

This forum is also called "Crate Diggin Revealed,but there's not much about crate diggin going on in this place

diggin is something you do in thrifts/shops/fleas and so on.
    not on the internet.

I mean,liking soul and funk goes hand and hand with hip-hop,
    not perse.

What it not be stupid to say,i like hip-hop
    yes you are absolutely wright.

• Yeah,i know this is SOULstrut and not RAPstrut..This forum is also called "Crate Diggin Revealed,but there's not much about crate diggin going on in this place

I disagree. No e-group that has multi-page threads devoted to the Sussex and Jewel labels (to name two recent examples), plus has regular "weekend/weekday finds" threads, could possibly be neglecting the crates...

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

What it not be stupid to say,i like hip-hop,but not soul/r&b??..I've never met anyone that likes hip-hop that doesn't like at least SOME old soul/funk music,but it looks like this could be the first place..But whatever,i could care less,it's just weird to me.

The egg came before the chicken on this one.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Yeah,i know this is SOULstrut and not RAPstrut..This forum is also called "Crate Diggin Revealed,but there's not much about crate diggin going on in this place..Still,the majority of people on here like hip-hop,whether it's new shit,old shit or both.

I mean,liking soul and funk goes hand and hand with hip-hop,that's where hip-hop's roots are from,with samples,etc..

Dude. Contribute something useful or go away. I don't care much for most hiphop or rap and I moderate this forum. Calling someone out because they claim not to like any genre of music is profoundly .

Read everything pickwick writes and you might just leave here wiser.