Who else here rides for TECHNOTRONIC

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I know you think this is a joke, but seriously, "Take It Slow" came up today in shuffle mode......goddamn, that song killed my entire day. Bumped it to the fullest on my messy ride home from work today, feeling no frustration whatsoever. Also one of my favorite uses of the juice 12" ever.Alright, now that I've showed my ass on this one lets get some clowning from you guys or some 's in the affirmative."...give my regards for I end this letter".

Comments

• EDIT: Nevermind, I take back what I said. I *did* like "This Beat Is Technotronic" when it came out:

It's more monotonous than I thought, wasn't the entire album like that? I still like "Get Up" though.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Ha! Nice take back, but thanks for replying. I was CERTAIN this thread would plunge w/out response.

Yes, the whole album is like that "This Beat Is Technotronic" track. Essentially it's repetitive, they use the same kits and even the same style of chord progressions. But STILL... when that jam came on today I just got amped. Like, so much so, that I was wishing it became a hit so I could rock it out on some karaoke maneuvers.

• Ha! Nice take back, but thanks for replying. I was CERTAIN this thread would plunge w/out response.

Yes, the whole album is like that "This Beat Is Technotronic" track. Essentially it's repetitive, they use the same kits and even the same style of chord progressions. But STILL... when that jam came on today I just got amped. Like, so much so, that I was wishing it became a hit so I could rock it out on some karaoke maneuvers.

I bought the album when it first came out, along with Wilson-Philips. Same label, and I essentially bought both so someone would say "you got that?" I played it once and never played it again, and I just remember much of the songs came off like variations of a theme. There was a song Ya Kid K came out with on one of the TMNT soundtracks, I thought that was ok.

• rawest beat ever related?

• Technotronic is straight killin clubs right now.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Technotronic is straight killin clubs right now.

Not surprising. Fits in perfectly with hipster dance stuff like Justice.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Technotronic...One of the most surreal moments in my life.

As students, we went for a drunken weekend in Hull and ended up on Sunday afternoon in a place called "The Piper Club", which was a bizarre mix of students and local pensioners. They had a compere/MC who segued the bingo into him performing a Sinatra number into a female stripper (on a Sunday afternoon) then back into a pub quiz. The stripper was so hard-faced, you could've used her passport photo as a drill-bit.

Anyway, at some point, he hyped the entire crowd into shouting for a 70 year-old bloke in his Sunday best to get onstage with the tuxed-up "House band" (a 70 year old drummer with a 3 piece kit, and a keyboard (Bontempi) player).

They then ground out a spartan 4/4 beat whilst the bloke sang the lyrics to "No Limits" verbatim. People flipped when he did the "Techno! Techno! Techno! Techno!" line, stamping his foot venomously.

Honestly, when "Phoenix Nights" was on telly, we were sure this was the inspiration.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    "Pump Up The Jam" is forever linked to an LSD trip I took one night in college. That video came on TV about 12 bazillion times during that trip, it seemed to be everywhere. Whenever I see Ya Kid K's face the room starts spinning in my personal mindgarden...