No, this really isn't an SNL skit!

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• how insensitive to all the fsm believers.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Huckabee's Christian Mr Rogers routine is about to get a very rough dose of Wall Street money reality coming up in NH. I'd love to run against this guy.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Huckabee's Christian Mr Rogers routine is about to get a very rough dose of Wall Street money reality coming up in NH. I'd love to run against this guy.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I like how Huck filmed this on a lazy susan.

• the window frame/conspicuous cross in the background is a nice touch.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    the window frame/conspicuous cross in the background is a nice touch.

At least Huckabee doesn't seem to be acting like such a desperate p.o.s. ala Romney.

"You should apologize to the president!"

GTFOOHWTB. Huck must be laughing his ass off over how pathetic Romney is getting.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Some see a cross....some see a shelf....I see a douchebag.

Future First Family......I think not.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

that cross is genius, the "celebrate the birth of christ" and the "god bless" drive it home.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Did anyone see him on the Today show this morning? Old girl's asking him about the cross in the back and its overt Christian-ness and he's all "ha, ha, it's a bookshelf! Ask the crew about that, we all had a laugh" or some shit like it was in there by accident. Like no one who looked at the footage during production or post noticed that the bookshelf looks exactly like a cross. I guess I'm not offended by the image of a cross per se, but don't play that shit off like it wasn't left in deliberately.

Did anyone see him on the Today show this morning? Old girl's asking him about the cross in the back and its overt Christian-ness and he's all "ha, ha, it's a bookshelf! Ask the crew about that, we all had a laugh" or some shit like it was in there by accident. Like no one who looked at the footage during production or post noticed that the bookshelf looks exactly like a cross. I guess I'm not offended by the image of a cross per se, but don't play that shit off like it wasn't left in deliberately.

saying. I don't give a shit if dude is a devout Christian but GTFOHWTBS talmbout that was not on purpose. every word outta these guys mouths/necktie they wear on the stump is TOTALLY consultant driven. the very idea that a $$$ TV advertisement would not have gotten scrutinized like a muhfuckah is laughable. plus it's obviously a cross. and it takes up aobut half the screen. so transparent. fuck him for trying to lie about it.

yea, but is the cross even an issue anymore when he is talkin' about "celebrating the birth of jesus christ"?

what i find most disturbing is the whole, "lets talk about what really matters around this time of the year".....XMAS of course!!! i'm sure there is no family in iowa with a son/daughter in Iraq, a mortgage they can't afford to pay, or an illness they can't treat because they don't have health insurance. But lets talk about what's really important, baby jesus.

• ^^^^^

I find people using religion like this to be way more sacrilegious than the people they crusade against. And that family photo with them all wearing the same shirts? TORNAGL!

^^^^^

And that family photo with them all wearing the same shirts? TORNAGL!

Those are not shirts....they're tents.