What's up w/ internet dudes and Joe Budden?

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
I mean..are these Mood Music mixtapes THAT good? Surely they arent, right?

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i relay liked the mood music mix cd's. he does tracks over "in the air tonight" by phil collins, "take these broken wings" and other 80's "classics" w/ good results. he's a realy talented lyricist, though by listening to his def jam debut no one got that impression.

def. check them out, half is REALY personal shit over soulful beats the other half is more "hardcore" stuff.

• he does tracks over "in the air tonight" by phil collins, "take these broken wings" and other 80's "classics" w/ good results.

I wouldnt have expected to see these kind of songs on a mixtape series that is so loved by "street" dudes on the net...ok, well maybe I could.

Have you heard this new one? I heard the song where he is taking jabs at Jay-Z and honestly, it was a pretty boring track..especially reading silly threads and comments on other sites about how "Joe MERKED Jay" on the track. I have liked a few songs I have heard by him, but it seems like he has a pretty loyal internet following/dickriders..kind of like G-Unit,Dipset,Game,Wayne,etc. I did think it was all original production, since I read comments about how it is "basically a new album by Joe" instead of a mixtap. I would probably rather hear dude rappin' over good(already used) beats that aren't his..since a lot of of the beats I heard off his album and other places weren't too great.

• Joe Buddens sucks, It's not often that I come out and say shit like this, but I can't stand this guy. He's terrible.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    have you heard his mixtape stuff? i can't imagine anyone calling him whack after hearing some of the mood music shit.

theres one track where he rhymes over a library joint that dilla used in like 03',but he just rhymes over it, no drums or anything. it's called "outcast" and has some of the best rhyming i've heard in awhile.

"oxymoron, stubborn as brick ya'll/ i'm a five story suite with the view of brick wall"

"broken wings"

"feel like A-ROD some say his times up/ boo a nigga at home, yep i'm in prime but/ he's by far the best player on the team then the general drop's him to the bottom of the line up/ should get traded but he don't wanna move/ cause this the only city he got smething to prove/ so thats why i'm seen with heaters/ cause you cant be the man when you on the same team as jeter...... i married hip hop, ignored what some was tellin me/ i started hearing rumors of infidelity/i ain't divorce her, them other dudes are so whack that i didn't even feel a litle jealousy"

"the future" is realy ill too, realy good bill withers sample on there.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    also alot of the best stuff IS him rhyming on other peoples stuff. the orginal production is the stuff i seem to not like. i think you'd like it, some of his choices of stuff to rhyme over is pretty

• Agreed, i think he's not particularly cool to like so regardless of how good the music he made was people still would say he sucks. Those Mood Muzik CDs are pretty good though, nothing amazing but worth checking, it's also good to see a talented UK producer called Chemo get a beat on the new one...