Juice Crew...movie???

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
THE VAPORS casting newsby Wilson MoralesDecember 14, 2007On the heels of announcing that Keke Palmer has been cast as rapper Roxanne Shante in the upcoming film on the Juice Crew called 'The Vapors', blackfilm.com is reporting that the following have also been cast for various roles. Cuba Gooding Jr. will be playing Marley Marl, rapper-actor David Banner will play the part of Biz Markie, Evan Ross will play MC Shan, Jackie Long as Big Daddy Kane, and Idris Elba as Tyrone Williams aka Fly Ty.Clifton Powell was previous announced as playing the part of hip hop DJ and radio host Mr. Magic.The Juice Crew, founded by Mr. Magic's on-air assistant, DJ and Marley Marl, was named after one of Magic's aliases, "Sir Juice. Crew members included Marley Marl, Mr. Magic, MC Shan, Big Daddy Kane, Biz Markie, Craig G, Tragedy Khadafi, Kool G Rap & DJ Polo, Masta Ace, Roxanne Shant??, TJ Swan, and Cool V.The Juice crew was formed in the mid-eighties by Queens producer Marley Marl and his label, Cold Chillin??? Records. Their signature record, "The Symphony," helped spawn solo careers for each member. A fourteen year old Roxanne Shante rose to prominence when she and Marley made "Roxanne???s Revenge" in response to U.T.F.O.???s song "Roxanne, Roxanne." Her record spawned a slew of "Roxanne" related diss songs in the eighties. MC Shan, known best for "The Bridge" and a subsequent war of words with Bronx based Boogie Down productions??? front man KRS-One, released three solo albums and featured on "Da Bridge 2001" for Nas??? QB???s Finest compilation.???The Vapors??? will begin filming in January 2008. Furqaan Clover (Queen of Media: The Wendy Williams Story) is set to direct. Questionmark Entertainment and Marley Marl, Roxanne Shante and Big Daddy Kane are executive producers on the film while Indiefilmx.com will produce the film.a href="http://www.blackfilm.com/20071207/features/thevaporsnews.shtmlhttp://www.blackfilm.com/20071207/features/thevaporsnews.shtmlbr />
Cuba Gooding as Marley? David Banner as Biz?I don't know if this is real or not, but I can definitely see dude as Big Daddy Kane's pops.

Comments

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Curious... And I can actually see Banner as Biz....

• what?? word?? i wonder what this will be like....

what?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Latte Pas

• Latte Pas

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Allen Iverson as MC Shan.

• Who's Gonna play the Blastmaster?
    Roxanne Shante is only good for steady F****N!

• i'm just having trouble thinking what the story would be...

some rappers meet in true school era new york and record some classic albums then kane appears in madonna's sex book, biz markie makes a hit record and gets sued for copywrite infringement and then buys 2 copies of every record ever made including some that were never made, shan smokes some crack after dissing the bronx and before starring in a sprite commercial, masta ace makes bass music, shante gets a doctorate on the label's dime, kane appears as a purple nightmare with a busted arm in a rap video, marley disappears and then has a moderate but overlooked comeback and the rest of them fall into obscurity until a movie is made?

actually, that doesn't sound half bad....

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts

I feel bad for the casting director of this. Really doe how are you gonna find someone with Biz likness?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

I feel bad for the casting director of this. Really doe how are you gonna find someone with Biz likness?

This shit looks terrible - here's the Juice Crew with the corresponding actor slated to play the part. The kid playing MC Shan is Evan Ross, Diane Ross's kid.

"On the heels of announcing that Keke Palmer has been cast as rapper Roxanne Shante in the upcoming film on the Juice Crew called 'The Vapors', blackfilm.com is reporting that the following have also been cast for various roles. Cuba Gooding Jr. will be playing Marley Marl, rapper-actor David Banner will play the part of Biz Markie, Evan Ross will play MC Shan, Jackie Long as Big Daddy Kane, and Idris Elba as Tyrone Williams aka Fly Ty.

Clifton Powell was previous announced as playing the part of hip hop DJ and radio host Mr. Magic.

The Juice Crew, founded by Mr. Magic's on-air assistant, DJ and Marley Marl, was named after one of Magic's aliases, "Sir Juice. Crew members included Marley Marl, Mr. Magic, MC Shan, Big Daddy Kane, Biz Markie, Craig G, Tragedy Khadafi, Kool G Rap & DJ Polo, Masta Ace, Roxanne Shant??, TJ Swan, and Cool V.

The Juice crew was formed in the mid-eighties by Queens producer Marley Marl and his label, Cold Chillin??? Records. Their signature record, "The Symphony," helped spawn solo careers for each member. A fourteen year old Roxanne Shante rose to prominence when she and Marley made "Roxanne???s Revenge" in response to U.T.F.O.???s song "Roxanne, Roxanne." Her record spawned a slew of "Roxanne" related diss songs in the eighties. MC Shan, known best for "The Bridge" and a subsequent war of words with Bronx based Boogie Down productions??? front man KRS-One, released three solo albums and featured on "Da Bridge 2001" for Nas??? QB???s Finest compilation.

???The Vapors??? will begin filming in January 2008. Furqaan Clover (Queen of Media: The Wendy Williams Story) is set to direct. Questionmark Entertainment and Marley Marl, Roxanne Shante and Big Daddy Kane are executive producers on the film while Indiefilmx.com will produce the film."

]

• some of the actors look old. Too old to be playing people in their late teens/early 20's.

at least this is comforting. Sort of.
    "Marley Marl, Roxanne Shante and Big Daddy Kane are executive producers"

I'll watch it.

• some of the actors look old. Too old to be playing people in their late teens/early 20's.

ya know? cuba is lookin mad old these days....

• dayday 9,611 Posts

This shit looks terrible - here's the Juice Crew with the corresponding actor slated to play the part. The kid playing MC Shan is Evan Ross, Diane Ross's kid.

Haaaaaaaaaail no. This dude looks more like Shan

Diana Ross' kid can play a dishwasher or a leprechaun.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    So is this gonna be one of those VH1 TV flicks/direct to video type joints?
    It's surely not being released in theaters, right?
    These are always good even if they're corny (see bio-dramas for Jackson 5, Temptations, Hammer, etc).
    I will happily watch this when it comes out.

• No way this can be going to theaters..but then again, I wouldnt imagine being able to pull Cuba if it wasnt. I am confused. Is this even real or was it posted on OkayPlayer or Stonesthrow or something?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    i'm just having trouble thinking what the story would be...

some rappers meet in true school era new york and record some classic albums then kane appears in madonna's sex book, biz markie makes a hit record and gets sued for copywrite infringement and then buys 2 copies of every record ever made including some that were never made, shan smokes some crack after dissing the bronx and before starring in a sprite commercial, masta ace makes bass music, shante gets a doctorate on the label's dime, kane appears as a purple nightmare with a busted arm in a rap video, marley disappears and then has a moderate but overlooked comeback and the rest of them fall into obscurity until a movie is made?

actually, that doesn't sound half bad....

HAH! I'd like to see a docu-comedy ala Dave Chappelle on every one of those stories, with everyone being interviewed and then Dave acting it out.

The movie looks awful because they probably won't get into all those hilarious and absurd stories, and no one will ever be able to play the part of Biz. No one.

• I just don't see how they can pull this movie off. I anticipate a terrible movie.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    who made this shit up......

• i always thought a movie on the life of krs 1 would be a worthwhile watch.... in fact i thought hbo or pbs was doing something like this a loooooong time ago. this will be interesting either way but its nothing that i could take that seriously.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    i always thought a movie on the life of krs 1 would be a worthwhile watch.... in fact i thought hbo or pbs was doing something like this a loooooong time ago. this will be interesting either way but its nothing that i could take that seriously.

No actor has the enormous nostrils required to play the part of Kris Parker. The only option would be a massive prosthetic nose or CGI Jar Jar Binks type shit.

• i always thought a movie on the life of krs 1 would be a worthwhile watch.... in fact i thought hbo or pbs was doing something like this a loooooong time ago. this will be interesting either way but its nothing that i could take that seriously.

No actor has the enormous nostrils required to play the part of Kris Parker. The only option would be a massive prosthetic nose or CGI Jar Jar Binks type shit.

i remember when he was on yo mtv raps with ed lover and dr dre and they were rankin on him and ed lover called krs "garage nose!" i fell out laughing!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    biz markie makes a hit record and gets sued for copywrite infringement and then buys 2 copies of every record ever made including some that were never made,

this cracked me up, hilarious.