Ebay advice on a seller...........................

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
So I would pretty much consider myself an ebay pro and I have a bad gut feeling about a seller I just won from. The thing is he has 100% postive feedback. However, you can not view any of his past items because it says all feedback is past 90 days old and when I did an advanced search he has been selling things up until now so that doesn't make any sense to me. He does not have a real picture of the item on his description and will NOT take paypal only wants a Money Order from me and says all sales are final and he can not be responsible once item has been shipped and says the item is drop shipped from someone else. All of this sounds a bit suspect. The item is a high priced piece and I won it for about 50% of what it should ACTUALLY sell for. He states it's new in box never opened. I don't see how he could sell these for this cheap and had 5 of them listed. I contacted all of the previous winners to ask if they ever recieved the item or had any problems with this seller and I didn't get one response from anyone. When I placed bid I just checked his feedback and figured he's good now I'm questioning him based on all the other facts. Should I just not send the payment? He could run with the cash and say he sent it and then what can really be done at that point? This one just doesn't feel right.

Comments

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    Have you been in contact with him since you won, (i.e. has he sent an e-mail with the payment details?) Is he overseas?
    I would have "asked the seller a question" if he could e-mail a pic, ask why no PayPal or suggest another 3rd party escrow option.

But, yeah, hold off on mailing the payment as long as you can to see if he really means business.

Good luck.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    3rd party escrow sounds good, have never done that b4 I will need to see how that works.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I was looking at the auction (*gleam*) and see what you're saying. Ask how he is gonna ship it and maybe ask for tracking as well. Also, don't pay with a cashier's check. Instead pay with a money order; postal money orders have the stub and are traceable, especially if there is a fraud dude involved who has to theoretically show ID to cash the MO with ID, which is supposed to be written down on the MO.

I was looking at the auction (*gleam*) and see what you're saying. Ask how he is gonna ship it and maybe ask for tracking as well. Also, don't pay with a cashier's check. Instead pay with a money order; postal money orders have the stub and are traceable, especially if there is a fraud dude involved who has to theoretically show ID to cash the MO with ID, which is supposed to be written down on the MO.

yeah I'm gonna contact him 1st and see how that goes b4 anything. Thanks guys!

• Fight fire with fire and send him a fake money order!

Fight fire with fire and send him a fake money order!

Whoot Whoot!!! haha................................ I took herm's advice and did a myspace search with his email and BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=66813494

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Police auction seizure treasure?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Man that looks like a scam if I ever saw one.
    Be careful D!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=130184671398

Haha, peep his recent feedback.................. I knew I smelled fish.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=130184671398

Haha, peep his recent feedback.................. I knew I smelled fish.

who the fuck buys $5,000 bars of gold on ebay? Some people you don't even feel sorry for getting ripped off.