Projects that should be dope but disappoint (YNQ)

13»

Comments

• I was just stating that saying an artist isn't good because he didn't break YOU off with a decent beat is pretty weak.

First hand experience to make opinion. Seems about as legit as it gets.

Just sayin'.

Not that I care, it's just a funny conversation. I don't know Iron monkey and I like Madlib, for the record.

All of these _______ sucks, he's trash, you're an idiot for liking ___________ are jokes. The best part about it is the people always talking shit are failed artists themselves and whoever they are talking shit about is somewhere getting paid to do music.

• I just heard Lenny White's "Venusian Summer" I can't recall the last time I was extremely dissapointed in an album. It's got a lot of incrediable musicians, Larry Young, Weldon Irvine, Jimmy Smith, Pat Gleeson, Herbert Laws, ect. and it's not like 74'-75' was a bad year for jazz, it was a great year, most of the musicians on the album have real dope stuff out on the year this was released. It sounds like it was made ten years too soon, 85' would have been more like it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I just heard Lenny White's "Venusian Summer" I can't recall the last time I was extremely dissapointed in an album. It's got a lot of incrediable musicians, Larry Young, Weldon Irvine, Jimmy Smith, Pat Gleeson, Herbert Laws, ect. and it's not like 74'-75' was a bad year for jazz, it was a great year, most of the musicians on the album have real dope stuff out on the year this was released. It sounds like it was made ten years too soon, 85' would have been more like it.

Perhaps you should return it to HPB then.

ZINGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PS I keed I keed
    PPS You got noodle bowled!

• I just heard Lenny White's "Venusian Summer" I can't recall the last time I was extremely dissapointed in an album. It's got a lot of incrediable musicians, Larry Young, Weldon Irvine, Jimmy Smith, Pat Gleeson, Herbert Laws, ect. and it's not like 74'-75' was a bad year for jazz, it was a great year, most of the musicians on the album have real dope stuff out on the year this was released. It sounds like it was made ten years too soon, 85' would have been more like it.

Perhaps you should return it to HPB then.

ZINGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PS I keed I keed
    PPS You got noodle bowled!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Not to be a dick, but doesn't every Prince album since 1992 qualify as a disappointment. When dude rips like he can, you'd think he'd have another masterpiece up his sleeve.

Check his work at around 3:30. Stunning.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Someone in this thread has never seen the Chappelle Show skit where Dave clowns that barbershop rapper dude for bigging up himself at the end of his "hot verse".