Worst Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame Selection EVAR????

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Holy flarking schnitt....
CLEVELAND ??? The Material Girl is about to become a Hall of Famer. The ever-evolving Madonna was announced as a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee on Thursday along with John Mellencamp, The Ventures, Leonard Cohen and The Dave Clark Five.
I mean...I love Leonard Cohen, but how the f*ck did he get in before the MC5???

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    * for the entire Hall

• * for the entire Hall

No shit...Madonna?!?!?!? F*ckin' MADONNA?????? I know this happens every year to some extent but MADONNA?!?!? What the f*ck is wrong with these people?

• It's good to see the Ventures finally getting their due, although it seems like a hollow, too-late victory at this point, considering who they're being inducted with.

• It's good to see the Ventures finally getting their due, although it seems like a hollow, too-late victory at this point, considering who they're being inducted with.

If I was in the Ventures I wouldn't show up, in protest.

• I mean...I love Leonard Cohen, but how the f*ck did he get in before the MC5???

And I love the Dave Clark Five, but how the fuck did the DC 5 get in before the MC 5???

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I would make a list of all the artists that deserve to be in before Johnny Cougar but I only have 3 more hours to kill.

• I mean...I love Leonard Cohen, but how the f*ck did he get in before the MC5???

And I love the Dave Clark Five, but how the fuck did the DC 5 get in before the MC 5???

Touche!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    * for the entire Hall

No shit...Madonna?!?!?!? F*ckin' MADONNA?????? I know this happens every year to some extent but MADONNA?!?!? What the f*ck is wrong with these people?

gotta keep the general public interested

"The Spirit of Rock-N-Roll" arguement? The Fuck U Becky attitude she holds.

Devil advocate

• The Beastie Boys were one of the finalists. I'm shocked they didn't get in.
    Leonard Frickin' Cohen?

• I grew up in Indiana and would be pleased if I never heard a Mellencamp song again. Especially the one in the Chevy commercial. I did chill with one of his daughters in my dorm room at IU my freshman year. She paid for all the cab rides we took that night

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    You all are missing the bigger picture. This motherfucker is in the Hall. Leonard Cohen is Angus Young compared to him.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yall are trippin, leonard cohen is that dude. Come on, the future? that shit is ill.

Plus, madonna is fuckin huge, and old, so she should get in.

Not so much for cougar though.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i wouldnt say it's a matter of "who gets in before who"
    that being said, madonna definitely deserves to get in.

its all riaa bullshit anyway. havent we already realized it's a bunch of money hungry suites catering to revenue not the art.

• madonna definitely deserves to get in.

its all riaa bullshit anyway.

agreed, and agreed.

• The Monkeys still haven't been inducted, right?

• The Monkeys still haven't been inducted, right?

If they do, I hope they don't spell their name like you just did (it's "the Monkees!"). (grin)

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I can't stop looking at her hands.

I don't see any problem with Madonna being added to the Hall of Fame.

• raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawk

• I can't stop looking at her hands.

I do...

I do...

Because she's not a creditable artist?

• I can't stop looking at her hands.

I do...

Other than her having no detectable link to rock'n'roll, her entire career has been one big artistic shuck. She's a gigantic, postmodern fraud and a blight on the musical landscape (and culture in general).

• Holy flarking schnitt....

Someone told me to even be considered for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame you have to have had a record or single on the Billboard "Hot 100" chart or something like that. It's part of the criteria to be nominated. That's one of the reasons why influential but not-so-popular in their day groups like the Stooges reform and cut mediocre records so that they can get on the Billboard charts and eventually get into the RRHOF. Not sure if it's true but it would make sense about their choices.

MCF

Someone told me to even be considered for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame you have to have had a record or single on the Billboard "Hot 100" chart or something like that. It's part of the criteria to be nominated. That's one of the reasons why influential but not-so-popular in their day groups like the Stooges reform and cut mediocre records so that they can get on the Billboard charts and eventually get into the RRHOF. Not sure if it's true but it would make sense about their choices.

MCF

There is a Husker Du song in the Rock N roll hall of fame's top 500 rock songs of all time....strange they have different qualifications for their different honors...

I do...

Other than her having no detectable link to rock'n'roll, her entire career has been one big artistic shuck. She's a gigantic, postmodern fraud and a blight on the musical landscape (and culture in general).

Who next.....Britney Spears!!!

Holy flarking schnitt....

MCF

This can't be true if Leonard Cohen made it......he's never had a Top 100 record, has he???

• I'm no Madonna fan, but seriously...

Shouldn't someone in Rock'n'Roll have an artistic schtick? I don't get the hatt here. She is constantly pushing boundaries of POP music, has been at it for years, performs her ass off, and works hard.

I do...

LOL. OK I guess I'm not going to be able to dissuade you from that viewpoint.

Ignoring your extreme hatred though I'd assumed that being connected to rock'n'roll wasn't really relevant criteria anymore considering the induction of Flash and the Furious Five plus soul and disco artists.

I just didn't see why someone who has had a career at the top of the charts for over twenty years and changed the game (for better or worse) for all female pop acts who followed her shouldn't be included. I guess it all comes down to how much creditability one believes The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame had in the first place.

I'm no Madonna fan, but seriously...

Shouldn't someone in Rock'n'Roll have an artistic schtick? I don't get the hatt here. She is constantly pushing boundaries of POP music, has been at it for years, performs her ass off, and works hard.

Is there a difference between Rock & Roll and Pop??

I understand that Pavarotti dude works hard and can sing his ass off too.

MCF

This can't be true if Leonard Cohen made it......he's never had a Top 100 record, has he???

Not sure but it's more likely than the MC5 - plus tons of people back in the day recorded his songs, maybe that counts?

Like I said, not exactly how true my information is. I tried to find the guidelines with google search but gave up after a few pages about Madonna.

MCF