Spinal Tap lyrics appreciation

2»

Comments

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    A fun game to play is "what Rockumentary are they parodying?". I have heard that there is a similar scene to Nigel's green room sandwhich rant in Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii. Can anyone confirm?

My favorite scene might be them singing Heartbreak Hotel at Elvis' grave. They can't believe they were allowed to do that.

really I didn't like that scene... when they sang....it just sounded a bit too ragga for me. I wish that had of used dubly to record it, as that would have improved the sound quite alot. that and the use of some face adornments, maybe masks based on their astrological signs?

in the after life, we all get to jam with the band once and perform our favorite track with them. however, for the poor band, that might end up being hell.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    A fun game to play is "what Rockumentary are they parodying?". I have heard that there is a similar scene to Nigel's green room sandwhich rant in Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii. Can anyone confirm?

My favorite scene might be them singing Heartbreak Hotel at Elvis' grave. They can't believe they were allowed to do that.

I've heard that the Heartbreak Hotel scene is based on a Zombies bootleg of them trying to sing that song.

The 11 scene reminds of the Eric Clapton interview in the Goodby Cream concert.

Isle Of Lucy.

But this is not why I am here, I am just here to read the Ike Turner thread. RIP.