mid week finds

subsub 311 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
my mom always goes to a second hand charity store that has some vinyl which up till now i never checked. however she told me i should, saying it's not the usual james last and schlager stuff. i was not too confident but i checked it out today. i can't find my camera so here is only a list. i don't know most of the records and just bought them if a name sounded familiar. haven't checked them yet. i bought 31 records and payed 3 dollar for all of em (i wanted to pay 10 but they wouldn't take more then 2 euro).wolfgang dauner & hans koller - kunstkopfindianermombasa 2 - african rhythms and musicsalena jones - everybodys talkingherbolzheimer - wide openfreddie hubard - straight lifefreddie hubard - red claymichael longo - funkia tamba 4 - we and the seagato barbieri - livedewey redman - look for the black starandy hidalgo - dahl sa io (private philipine)john handy - karuna supremesun ra - pictures of infinitydon ellis orchestra - electric bathpeter jaques trio - i can't give you...sude hampton & joe haider - give me a doublerossolino & condoli - just friendsjr. walker - peace and understandingeddie harris - instant deathcal tjader - a night at blackhawkmc shan - born to be wildmichael anton - jesus makes me highray bryant trio - gotta travel on

Comments

• Some very nice records mixed in there! A lot of them are common in the USA (hubbard, harris..) but still....

karuna supreme - excellent indian-jazz fusion headed by Handy.

Mombassa 2 - NICE!

dewey redman - free session from redman. There are a few pressings out there but I'd guess you found the german one.

• Highlights from the last week:

MCF

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    i bought 31 records and payed 3 dollar for all of em (i wanted to pay 10 but they wouldn't take more then 2 euro).

FAKE FINDZ ALERT Fo real, very cool! May I ask in which city this happened? I've never heard of such a thing to buy 31 records and pay only 2??? for the whole lot. Completely crazy! And mombasa 2 - incredible!!! Happy you!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    dakar is going to europe to find your spot!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Only got 2 records this week and one of them was free but copped these from the local charity shop experience and they sound pretty nice. I now seem to be hoarding hi-fi gear like they are records. Worrying trend.

• What do you think of that Schultze record? A place nearby has multiples that I've always passed on. Meditational UR-synth side-long space jams?

- J

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I now seem to be hoarding hi-fi gear like they are records. Worrying trend.

If my wife ever kicks me outta the house this will be one reason why. I have accumulated so many speakers/recievers/turntables that she is ready to start putting stuff out on the curb. My friends have been the beneficiaries, though, as they come to me when they need something rplaced, which is nice. It keeps the wheels turning, and I can still look for quality gear cheap. Even though I have a basement and space to keep it, I am running out of hiding spaces. But how do you pass up a nice early 80s Yamaha reciever for $10??

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    But how do you pass up a nice early 80s Yamaha reciever for $10??

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I now seem to be hoarding hi-fi gear like they are records. Worrying trend.

If my wife ever kicks me outta the house this will be one reason why. I have accumulated so many speakers/recievers/turntables that she is ready to start putting stuff out on the curb. My friends have been the beneficiaries, though, as they come to me when they need something rplaced, which is nice. It keeps the wheels turning, and I can still look for quality gear cheap. Even though I have a basement and space to keep it, I am running out of hiding spaces. But how do you pass up a nice early 80s Yamaha reciever for $10??

hahaha, this is my problem too. so often friends are like "my reciever stopped working" "i need a tape deck" "i need an EQ" and they come running to me...the only thing i dont stockpile is speakers, mostly because the goodwills here charge a lot for speakers, which usually are blown.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    the only thing i dont stockpile is speakers, mostly because the goodwills here charge a lot for speakers, which usually are blown.

Yeah, I have gotten good at spotting stuff that are deal-breakers with Speakers, but I am still surprised how nice some speakers are after 20 years collecting dust in a closet, and how cheap some of thes places let them go for. So I am spoiled, and can't even look at reasonably priced joints in a pawn shop or craigslist.

• I've been getting some really incredible soul stuff in over the past couple weeks, most of which I'm keeping or minting up on. This week I got to shed some layers, catch some sun, and buy some nice records... these were some of the ones I couldn't bear to ship and brought back on the plane with me.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

DIE!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    not much for me

Frank Cunimondo-Top Shelf Collection
    Kool and the Gang-Kool Jazz(spare)
    The Consolers-Waiting for my Child(gospel)

but i did grab these for $30

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    ah ok this is what you found in florida
    i knew that scenery looked really familiar
    was that hollywood/ft lauderdale beach?
    doesnt really look like south beach

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

HOT DAMN JONNY. That is a Frickin' pull right there.

And, you got a Blair too... clean? I like finding raers with that have mark down stickers/stamps on em.

• subsub 311 Posts
    i bought 31 records and payed 3 dollar for all of em (i wanted to pay 10 but they wouldn't take more then 2 euro).

FAKE FINDZ ALERT Fo real, very cool! May I ask in which city this happened? I've never heard of such a thing to buy 31 records and pay only 2??? for the whole lot. Completely crazy! And mombasa 2 - incredible!!! Happy you!

i found the stuff in my hometown. it's called overath and it's located 20 miles outside cologne. first time that i ever found anything there though....